Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
All about taking your chances, innit.

Sessegnon and Mitrovic didn't. Liverpool's lot did.

In any case, the result against Liverpool was as a direct result of The Arsenal playing that dreadful Mariah Carey Christmas song at half-time versus Burnley.

There are Christmas songs, which are all shít, and then Mariah takes that particular one to the next level of shítness.

Karma what done it.
Hard to believe but I actually attended a football match yesterday. An Arsenal won. Quite pleasant really.

And loath as I am to comment on tactics as we all know pretty much f*ck all about them, there was a clear theme to us getting opened up at the back in the first half. Three at the back with Sokratis in the middle, no holding midfield as there was no Lucas, both wing backs up the pitch so the three were fairly isolated.

At which point Sokratis steps up and tries to win a tackle instead of keeping the defensive line, he fails to win the ball, and then we're f*cked as 3 or 4 of them run at Kos and Mustafi. Happened 3 or 4 times.

Second half playing Lucas and 433 it seemed much better with the main issue being that as good as the Bosnian is going forward, he is never, ever a left back. So basically what I'm saying is that Sokratis needs some discipline and we really don't have the players we need to play 343 which Unai seems to prefer.