Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Yes, we probably won't hear the boos and grumbles because of that fùcking drum and two thousand perfectly co-ordinated Germans marching in step for 90 minutes. I can't believe they let that fùcking drum in. Actually, I can.

Though, to contradict what I said earlier, when we got the 2-0 out there and had them a bit worried at the end, the consensus was "well, Bayern had their foot off the gas. They knew they had won so had no intensity and let Arsenal back into the tie". Mr Souness in particular was very clear about this. I will have to pretend there is hope, however tiny and absurd, that a geniune giant of European football could lose 4-0 to a weaker team.
Never been done before, I know this from this week's coverage of PSG/Barcelona and then of course our own defeat.

You and I both know with 100% certainty that Bayern will score so we will need to score 5 to their 1 in order to even get it to extra-time. I am not sure this will happen.

However if we do then they also have the added advantage of being able to surpass our 1 away goal thus rendering our task more difficult.

Finally, to not overlook how inferior we are to them both footballistically and in respect of the great intangible mental strength. Yes, that gem.