Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Fudge. Gove and Fox challenging Boris.

Project Fudge. Gove and Fox challenging Boris.

They will let in May and nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    They are going to screw us over arent they Mo?. I think Boris is somewhat of a pillock but whoever the new prime minister is, they must be a Leave campaigner.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Floyd View Post
    They are going to screw us over arent they Mo?. I think Boris is somewhat of a pillock but whoever the new prime minister is, they must be a Leave campaigner.
    I agree. Absurd to get a Remain leader when the most important issue is to negotiate Brexit. I don't mind if it's Gove or Boris, and I quite like Fox though I'm not sure he's leadership material. But Boris has better chance of winning a general election and saving us from Corbyn.

I am fed up with May.

I was told we would be dancing in the streets at that time.

I agree. Absurd to get a Remain leader when the most important issue is to negotiate Brexit. I don't mind if it's Gove or Boris, and I quite like Fox though I'm not sure he's leadership material. But Boris has better chance of winning a general election and saving us from Corbyn.
    I don't think you need to worry about Corbyn, Mo. Him staying in place is literally the best thing that could happen to the Tory party.

The only problem that would arise would be if Labour actually had a credible leader in place at the time of the election. Meanwhile, the LibDems are shamelessly trying to use a Remain platform to position themselves as a credible party again.

I don't agree with you about May. May could be seen as the best compromise candidate, as she has cannily remained untarnished by the whole Brexit business, but - as her statements make clear - she knows that rolling back on Brexit isn't an option.

Ultimately, there's bound to be a fudge on the deal we make - that's how deals work.

You can't fudge this. Ultimately it's in or out unless - my dearest wish - the EU project collapses and is replaced by a community of nations who co-operate without an unelected all-powerful Commission running the show for its benefit.

But if the EU continues in its present shape and form we are in or out. There really isn't a grey area on this.

You can't fudge this. Ultimately it's in or out unless - my dearest wish - the EU project collapses and is replaced by a community of nations who co-operate without an unelected all-powerful Commission running the show for its benefit.

But if the EU continues in its present shape and form we are in or out. There really isn't a grey area on this.
    Oh, we're out. Make no mistake about that. The fudge will be the terms on which we're out - not the fact itself. All that is just wishful thinking by Remainers. There will be a fudge on free movement (probably something along the lines of free movement of labour, but restrictions on other forms of movement) and there will be a fudge on our access to the single market. We will not be entirely outside the EU, but neither will we be part of it.

Ultimately, all I cared abut was the undemocratic, authoritarian and unaccountable nature of the EU, so I just wanted us out of that. The other details don't bother me over much.

Gove standing is possibly to do with Boris not being liked by certain newspaper owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Possibly to do with Boris not being liked by certain newspaper owners.
    Indeed - but at least we are free from the yoke of undemocratic, authoritarian and unaccountable leaders, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Indeed - but at least we are free from the yoke of undemocratic, authoritarian and unaccountable leaders, eh
    Our leaders may be undemocratic, authroitarian and unaccountable, but they're our leaders, at least.

That chap Juncker has angered me.