Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I heard a song on the radio yesterday it's called Nina Cried Power

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Ah, there you are. Do you think, as I do, that the latest Paul Weller offering is utter shìte?
    You have been waiting especially to attack me haven't you. Like an ambush.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You have been waiting especially to attack me haven't you. Like an ambush.

No, not at all. I liked his previous offering and just think he's trying too much to be different with every new albumum.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

No, not at all. I liked his previous offering and just think he's trying too much to be different with every new albumum.
    The back story is that he wrote one of the tunes (Gravity) about 5 years ago and has been unable to fit it into an album since, as you say some of his recent 33s have been all over the place genre wise. So he essentially wrote and got others to write the album around said tune and in a similar groove.

Even I would admit that there was a few albums pre AKR which were hit and miss in places.

This one is consistently on the button. I have genuinely listened to it on constant rotation every day for 3 weeks now since release (which now I see that I realise is wrong). I have of course been listening to other stuff also as that would be seriously fúcking weird otherwise.

Anyway I am not talking to you.

The back story is that he wrote one of the tunes (Gravity) about 5 years ago and has been unable to fit it into an album since, as you say some of his recent 33s have been all over the place genre wise. So he essentially wrote and got others to write the album around said tune and in a similar groove.

Even I would admit that there was a few albums pre AKR which were hit and miss in places.

This one is consistently on the button. I have genuinely listened to it on constant rotation every day for 3 weeks now since release (which now I see that I realise is wrong). I have of course been listening to other stuff also as that would be seriously fúcking weird otherwise.

Anyway I am not talking to you.
    Perhaps I should give it another chance.

Probably won't though

Perhaps I should give it another chance.

Probably won't though
    Did you see the "new" Strummer compilation thing?

Did you see the "new" Strummer compilation thing?
    Yeah - not much really 'new' but might be worth getting just for old times sake. His post-Clash stuff was ok istr, but not great.