Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: What on earth is going on?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This, from twitter, about some chap we may (won't) buy:

"Not really a 10, although he could do the job there. He’s more of an 8 or a 6. Ideally you want him in front of a double pivot or as one of the interiors in front of a sole pivot."

What is all this cobblers? Was Neeskens a 4 or an 8? Was Zico a 10 or an 8? Was Brady a 7? Were Cruyff and Henry (and Walcott) 14s? How many pivots are usual? Why have people made up a load of meaningless bóllocks about our beautiful game?
    We won the world cup - all else is irrelevant. Til next week anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    That was cricket la. Anyway, b's been telling us for years that the only proper cricket is the one that lasts about a week, and that this limited over nonsense doesn't count.

Are we saying it counts now? Because Ireland I mean 'England' won?

That was cricket la. Anyway, b's been telling us for years that the only proper cricket is the one that lasts about a week, and that this limited over nonsense doesn't count.

As much as I like b, we rarely agreed on this - of course it isn't the "real" stuff but it has banished some very bad memories of 87 and 92

Irish my fat jamaican arse. West Brits don't count

. . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Do you not worry that we used up so much magic in that win - the bat deflection for 6 which should only have been five, anyway, Roy looking out first ball etc - that we've blown it for the Ashes?

{Or is that just a hippy mystic way of saying we don't have a top 3?}

If we lose the Ashes, that will rather pîss on our chips - like if we'd won the EL (yeah, right) and Sperz then won the CL.

Is Jimmy A gonna be fit?