Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wenger In vs Wenger Out fans

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    You do realise that the board are unlikely to have a successor lined up and that it is likely that Wenger will have appoint his own successor, don't you? If we were to get shot of Wenger now, would you trust Gazidis, Kronke and Fish and Chips to find Wenger's replacement?
    We'll hopefully only be kicking Him upstairs, rather than running Him out of London, imo. He'd still be on hand to name His successor.

And even if he weren't, any board of directors can watch Match of the Day or visit ladbrokes.com to see whom they should appoint next. It's football, not rocket science.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    I dont think the field is too open for a successor tbh, there's certainly nobody I would rather have than AW out there right now. Ancelotti? Capello possibly, maybe Koeman, Tuchel?
    Löw?

6 characters

The Jorge
    Státion to Statiön?

I dunno about Jogi though, seems a bit too....knitweary, for me. Also, there's going to be murders if he tries to make Bouldie dress exactly the same as him all the time. Or keeps feeling him up.

Don Claudio?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Löw?

6 characters
    It really makes no difference, does it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It really makes no difference, does it
    Don Claudio?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Don Claudio?

Yeah, he'd have been good. Not sure Monty would fancy him much though.

C'mon red, I think you are over simplifying it. If David Dein went to Ladbrokes just under 20 years ago he would have been hiring Johann Cruyff.

Of course, we may be sending him upstairs but if we piss him off, we may not have that option available to him.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    C'mon red, I think you are over simplifying it. If David Dein went to Ladbrokes just under 20 years ago he would have been hiring Johann Cruyff.

Of course, we may be sending him upstairs but if we piss him off, we may not have that option available to him.
    I'm just labouring the point that it doesn't matter. We may end up having loads of different managers over the next decade

[QUOTE=redgunamo;4109514]We'll hopefully only be kicking Him upstairs, rather than running Him out of London, imo. He'd still be on hand to name His successor.

And even if he weren't, any board of directors can watch Match of the Day or visit ladbrokes.com to see whom they should appoint next. It's football, not rocket science.[/QUO

Name his successor? Why on earth should it be anything to do with him who takes over. Fergie was accorded that privilege, and to be fair he was leaving them as champions, but it did them no favours to be saddled with his Glaswegian pal Moyes. I don't want one of Wenger's yes-men foisted on us, that would defeat the point of getting rid of him.

So you would like the board to pick his successor?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman