Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AWIMB Led Zeppelin suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fool in the Rain and All My Love are LZ classics which stand up with most of their work.

You are a philistine lacking in taste, knowledge and judgement.

Don’t make me remind you of Denilson.
    Note how I can offer an opinion without resorting to insulting those who disagree with me.

What are you, a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    As I learn more and more on the guitar I keep coming across the same things.
    I'll learn one solo and think oh slash or Eddie Van Halen nicked that lick from Jimmy page who nicked that lick from chuck berry or whoever. In crossroads clapton plays a certain lick that I heard on a BB king track.

Not that it's a big secret. It's obvious but when you breakdown these things even closer it's even more interesting.

There are plenty of famous solos that have little bits from here and there from other places. I will become a master with this knowledge.
    We all have that knowledge. Becoming a master is surely more about whether you can actually play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Note how I can offer an opinion without resorting to insulting those who disagree with me.

What are you, a woman?
    My comment was not an insult, simply a statement of fact. There is a subtle difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    My comment was not an insult, simply a statement of fact. There is a subtle difference.
    Yes, that is what we all used to say in the sixth form. It is about as true now as it was then.

Yes, that is what we all used to say in the sixth form. It is about as true now as it was then.
    He doesn't know what the sixth form is mate. He was working in a spud field by the time he was 12.

Reading and writing's all very well, but you don't need such skills to shovel shít, do you? #irish

We all have that knowledge. Becoming a master is surely more about whether you can actually play it?
    It's all coming together. I am currently a mimic and can play others stuff rather than creating my own stuff. That will come later.
    I can play the solo from Stairway to Heaven which may not be the most exciting example.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's all coming together. I am currently a mimic and can play others stuff rather than creating my own stuff. That will come later.
    I can play the solo from Stairway to Heaven which may not be the most exciting example.
    Many can play it. Can you play it well?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He doesn't know what the sixth form is mate. He was working in a spud field by the time he was 12.

Reading and writing's all very well, but you don't need such skills to shovel shít, do you? #irish
    You are rather hard line on this whole Irish thing aren't you.

I like everyone, me. #bleedingheart

Many can play it. Can you play it well?
    That's subjective. Some people are obsessed by note by note replicating it, Then there are people who do their own twist.

I'm average for now. I'd rather play with more feeling being like Malmsteen

Boogie with Stu - Physical Graffiti
    Gallows Pole - Led Zeppelin 3

Don't bother with whole albums, way too much filler in Zepp stuff