Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, we're behind Spurs and the sky has not fallen

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    They are a decent team, no point in denying it. Every bit as good as us but we have those little elements of stardust which they lack.
    I'm not denying it at all. As for stardust - Deli Ali is better than Ozil, as the song goes, and Harry Kane is better than Giroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I believe this is partly down to not winning the league for 55 years, flirting with relegation in recent times and having a massive chip on the shoulder. Breeds character, you see. Not to mention a spot of violent hatred.
    Not sure last night was a fair and balanced match to judge their support on.

Special circumstances so their fans would have been 100% up for it. Chelsea really **** on them last season and ended their best season in 20-30 years so normal derby related levels of dislike/hatred were heightened.

Goal just before the break was perfect.

All or most games are ifs and buts of course but had Hazard taken that very early chance (which he should have) all very different.

Nothing wrong with a physical approach A.

Dembele was superb from what I saw.

They are a decent team, no point in denying it. Every bit as good as us but we have those little elements of stardust which they lack.
    It's the quality of their delivery from wide areas where they have the edge on us. Pisses me off.

Also, why can't we produce a Harry Kane?

Not sure last night was a fair and balanced match to judge their support on.

Special circumstances so their fans would have been 100% up for it. Chelsea really **** on them last season and ended their best season in 20-30 years so normal derby related levels of dislike/hatred were heightened.

Goal just before the break was perfect.

All or most games are ifs and buts of course but had Hazard taken that very early chance (which he should have) all very different.
    Wonder how much playing at Wembley next year will throw a spanner in their progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It did occur to me during last night's game that their fans are far, far, far better than ours. Certainly on the 'passion' and song originality front.

Has that always been the case?
    However, not, most crucially, on the gate receipts front.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Wonder how much playing at Wembley next year will throw a spanner in their progress.
    Are they playing their league games at Wembley also next season?

It's the quality of their delivery from wide areas where they have the edge on us. Pisses me off.

Also, why can't we produce a Harry Kane?
    We did produce him, I thought? Point taken though.

Few big clubs can grow their own world class forwards, not just us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Are they playing their league games at Wembley also next season?
    Every match a cup final, as they say. glwtpimo.

Would you put your money on us finishing above them?
    No, absolutely not. Far too close to call.

And if you forced me to bet on one or the other my money would be on Spurs, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We did produce him, I thought? Point taken though.

Few big clubs can grow their own world class forwards, not just us.
    Yeah but why can it be them but not us. I guess they might justifiably ask why they can never finish above us, even when we've had a supposedly **** season and they've had a great one