Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: so if the fella who threw a banana skin didn't do it with a racial intention

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    But surely apes like full bananas and not just the skin? I'm not seeing the racism angle.
    I do sort of agree with this but then i still can't help but think that a) chucking anything is just dumb and b) a banana skin at a black player, at some point would your brain not compute that this could be taken rather badly.

It was a penalty, he was likely to score and quite likely to run that way. I'd say he had plenty of time to prepare and at no point did he think, this is a very bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I do sort of agree with this but then i still can't help but think that a) chucking anything is just dumb and b) a banana skin at a black player, at some point would your brain not compute that this could be taken rather badly.

It was a penalty, he was likely to score and quite likely to run that way. I'd say he had plenty of time to prepare and at no point did he think, this is a very bad idea
    There is another health and safety aspect here. what if he slipped on the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    There is another health and safety aspect here. what if he slipped on the skin.
    Perhaps that'll be his defence. He was removing a hazard that could have caused an accident and it was just incredibly unfortunate timing.