Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Invincibles thing is safe for another season and Spurs aren't going to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm just not having that OGS can make such a huge difference to United. Chelsea are also an injury to Hazard away from being fecked
    It's not about OGS making the difference, it's about no longer being dragged down by that miserable, sardine-munching narcissist.

I'm just not having that OGS can make such a huge difference to United. Chelsea are also an injury to Hazard away from being fecked
    I see what you're saying; if Manchester United were actually any good, OGS woldn't be their manager.

Thing is though, their squad is practically perfect
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's not about OGS making the difference, it's about no longer being dragged down by that miserable, sardine-munching narcissist.
    Harsh, imo. I love sardines.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Harsh, imo. I love sardines.
    Me too, actually. A woefully under-appreciated fish imo. As is mackerel, tbh. I'll very happily devour a plate of grilled sardines with my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I see what you're saying; if Manchester United were actually any good, OGS woldn't be their manager.

Thing is though, their squad is practically perfect
    Is it? Defence is horrid, De Gea aside. Midfield is okay, forward line is very good. Still hope we can somehow pinch Martial

Me too, actually. A woefully under-appreciated fish imo. As is mackerel, tbh. I'll very happily devour a plate of grilled sardines with my fingers.
    Lemon though. They need rather a lot of lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Lemon though. They need rather a lot of lemon.
    Yes. Something acidic to cut the oiliness is good. Generally, though, I do think things like mackerel, sardines, pilchards (these three may all be the same thing) and herring are underrated. I think it's because people don't seem to like fish that tastes really fishy. Benders.

I had a kipper over Christmas and enjoyed it enormously. I'd forgotten how nice they could be.

Is it? Defence is horrid, De Gea aside. Midfield is okay, forward line is very good. Still hope we can somehow pinch Martial
    It's all very well to say the defence is horrid, but have you had a butcher's at ours lately?

Yes. Something acidic to cut the oiliness is good. Generally, though, I do think things like mackerel, sardines, pilchards (these three may all be the same thing) and herring are underrated. I think it's because people don't seem to like fish that tastes really fishy. Benders.

I had a kipper over Christmas and enjoyed it enormously. I'd forgotten how nice they could be.
    Yes, I'm a great admirer of the oily fish, which isn't a euphemism but should be. In particular, of course, the raw fat herring.

I adore a kipper but the subsequent repititions get me down after a while.

A kipper is like smoked salmon or a prawn cocktail; the only possible accompaniment is thinly sliced, buttered brown bread. Cut into little triangles.

sardines, pilchards and herrings are all in the herring family Clupeidae. Obv a kipper is a smoked herring.

mackerel is a scombridae fish.
    scromber scrombus the most common consumed on these shores.

oily fúckers, the lot of em.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”