Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Invincibles thing is safe for another season and Spurs aren't going to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Hang on, we got almost a decade of service each out of our most successful "cheap foreign mercenaries". That's a pretty good model for success if you can sustain it, which is of course the hard bit.

And look what happened when Wenger produced his first world class "actual Arsenal player" - he nearly swerved off the road in his desperation to leave, Jeff.
    Yes. I think his point is that these people are no longer "Arsenal"; they no longer "sents els colors del seu club", as they say in Foreign.

For instance, we never placed any special, uncommon value on Cole's one-of-our-ownness, did we. And so on. Whereas once, it would've been enough to make him captain.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You don't get it, do you? We aren't in that league anymore.
    Emery has won considerably more than Klopp has........

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    But Klopp has nicer gnashers, apparently
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Nah, happy to give him the next summer transfer window and following season for top 4 and another season to challenge, it's taken Klopp 4 seasons and a lot of £££ to get Liverpool anywhere near City's level.

Liverpool have spent a lot of money, but in recent seasons, the have made about £250M by selling Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho, while we have let contracts run down and lost players on the cheap.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Liverpool have spent a lot of money, but in recent seasons, the have made about £250M by selling Sterling, Suarez and Coutinho, while we have let contracts run down and lost players on the cheap.
    True but that's not Emery's fault. Hopefully Ramsey will be the last of these balls ups

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes. I think his point is that these people are no longer "Arsenal"; they no longer "sents els colors del seu club", as they say in Foreign.

For instance, we never placed any special, uncommon value on Cole's one-of-our-ownness, did we. And so on. Whereas once, it would've been enough to make him captain.
    Off-topic, I would argue that not enough value is placed on Cole generally. For my money, he's the one English player of the last 20 years who would consistently have been there or thereabouts in a World XI. The fact that he was a gobshíte tends to obscure his excellence as a player.

But this is about perceived worth, not track record. Klopp's stock is currently at a level that would preclude his next step being to us. It would be a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But this is about perceived worth, not track record. Klopp's stock is currently at a level that would preclude his next step being to us. It would be a step down.
    Would it? Much of a muchness, imo.

Are you seriously comparing their records?

Two league titles with Dortmund v one with PSG.

Would it? Much of a muchness, imo.
    They're challenging for the league, are in the CL and have just lost their first game this season. They also stuffed us 5-1.

How are they much of a muchness with us right now?