Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If it doesn't go well tonight things are going to get toxic immediately, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oddly, the 5 women on the jury required a good hour of mansplaining before they were prepared to commit to the obvious verdict.

I'm mad for the tram journey. I'm quite looking forward to next week. Banh mi for lunch at Boxpark!

Speaking of illegality, did you see how I spelt 'received', above? How on earth did that happen?
    I let it go as I'm very forgiving. I'm struggling with the idea of you voluntarily going into Croydon and actually looking forward to it, tbh.

There were loads of them. All shouty and sweary. His Honour was quite discombobulated.
    Well it's a day out for them, isn't it? They probably bring a picnic.

How many defendants were there?

Guilty, by the way.
    Ah, just relax, Sir C. Bottle of red, some good food & enjoy the game.

Hopefully we do lose and it the fans goad Wenger into making some trolley dash panic buys.

Oddly, the 5 women on the jury required a good hour of mansplaining before they were prepared to commit to the obvious verdict.

I'm mad for the tram journey. I'm quite looking forward to next week. Banh mi for lunch at Boxpark!

Speaking of illegality, did you see how I spelt 'received', above? How on earth did that happen?
    More importantly, were you the foreman? Is it still called that?

And if you weren't, why not??

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    More importantly, were you the foreman? Is it still called that?

And if you weren't, why not??
    Oh, I was just taking that for granted, tbh, p. I assumed they'd react to his natural authority and make him foreman.

Guilty, by the way.
    My main gripe is that the season starts and key players are missing.
    there are still a lot of unresolved contract situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    My main gripe is that the season starts and key players are missing.
    there are still a lot of unresolved contract situations.
    We are signing Jaydon Sancho, Lemar and Seri while Gibbs, Debuchy, Blekinsopp are all ****ed out the window. All will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I let it go as I'm very forgiving. I'm struggling with the idea of you voluntarily going into Croydon and actually looking forward to it, tbh.
    It's great fun. One gets a train to Shortlands, or Bickley; the rush hour has finished and a sense of post-storm calm pervades. The dappled sunlight fills the carriage and one is wafted past the backsides of houses - stealing glimpses of the inhabitants' most intimate moments. At Beckenham Junction we leave the old Victorian railway infrastructure and are delivered into the 21st century tram system, all automated announcements and LED lighting. An elderly Muslim gentleman boards at Arena and leaves at Lebanon Road. One muses upon his journey; why must he go to Lebanon Road at 09:30 on a Thursday morning? Is he to play chess with his friend Sadiq, with whom he arrived on a BOAC flight from Entebbe in 1972? How do they feel now about the cosy, comfortable suburbia of Addiscombe, nestling under London's bottom like a chick garnering warmth and goodness from its mother. Arrival at the court and, after 4 days, the security guards now wave you through with a wink and a cheery 'Good morning' and no longer insist, somewhat sternly, that you take a sip from your water bottle to prove it doesn't contain acid. At the lift you bump into a couple of other members of your panel and exchange tales of your journeys and hopes for an early finish; these people have almost become friends, yet you know that you will never speak to them again once this trial is over.

The whole thing is impossibly romantic.

Well it's a day out for them, isn't it? They probably bring a picnic.

How many defendants were there?
    Just one. One couldn't be found (I've got a fair idea where you'd find him...)

Oh, I was just taking that for granted, tbh, p. I assumed they'd react to his natural authority and make him foreman.
    I was asked to do so, nbut given that the defendant was a member of that community located some 1 mile from my door, I wasn't keen on being the visible face of the nicking.