Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I see there's one of those 'The Universe is Really Big' videos doing the rounds on

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The way I had it explained to me was that rather than thinking of it as 1+1+1=3, you should think of it as 1x1x1=1.

This, I felt, cleared the whole thing up admirably and proved how much better being a Catholic is than being a dirty, ignorant heathen or (worse) a foul, hell-bound heretic.
    I once asked for an explanation but what I got was a good bang round the ear 'ole. This, of course, served to knock the Truths of Mother Church firmly into my sinner's cranium, and I thank God for it on a daily basis.

Why must you be so rude, h? Why? It's like some sort of compulsion.
    Well he's always beastly to me b. Torments me for having been a tradesman and makes salty jokes about it in front of the whole board

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well he's always beastly to me b. Torments me for having been a tradesman and makes salty jokes about it in front of the whole board
    I agree he can be mean, but you often get your retaliation in first, don't you, h? Hmmm?

Perhaps if you approached him in a spirit of friendship and without your usual rancour, he would respond in kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Just out of interest, what do you say the many from myriad different cultures who have direct experience of the Divine and of the higher planes of consciousness?

You think they all just imagined it?

And if you did think that, does it not interest you that many different humans in different epochs, continents and cultures all have near identical experiences (or imaginings or hallucinations or however you choose to label their experiences)?

Are you sure you're not making the usual mistake of confusing the direct experience of Divinity with learnt religion? Just because most religious people are fückwits doesn't mean that those who've actually experienced these planes are lying.

It might also make you question why those Abrahamic religions with no concept of transcendental mysticism are the most likely to say theirs is the only way and to kill unbelievers in the name of a God of Pure Love.

While those who have direct experience of the Infinite Eternal Omniscient Omnipotent Hyper-Intelligence of Pure Love don't.

You don't see Buddhists Monks, Hindu Sadhus and hardcore acidheads gong around saying "ours is the only way. Convert or die", do you?
    They've all just been smoking the weed gan

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    They've all just been smoking the weed gan
    No. They've just been making shít up and convincing themselves to believe that things that aren't real.

Human beings are very good at this.

Jesus is God, but so are God and their insubstantial friend, the Holy Spirit. They are all different, but the same. They are each parts of God, but at the same time they are each completely God.

It's really very simple. Much better than Ganpati's hippy elephant-worshipping nonsense.
    Yeah? We've just got one God. But He comes in 3 main flavours. The 2nd of which Vishnu has incarnated about ten times, including as Rama and Krishna. And the 3rd, Shiva, is simultaneously the same as and different from his wife, Parvati, who's also an re-incarnation of his first wife Sati, but Parvati also incarnates as pure destruction, Kali. And then we've got millions of others Gods, too. Durga, Ganga etc.

So if it comes to a God ruck, we'd win.

And anyway, as I said, Jeez is one of ours anyway. Read his teachings and honestly tell me he sounds more like a ¥id than a Buddhist.

And that is why there is some essential element of civility in Christianity which is lacking in the other two Abrahamic religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Just out of interest, what do you say the many from myriad different cultures who have direct experience of the Divine and of the higher planes of consciousness?

You think they all just imagined it?
    Oh, I've experienced it myself, thanks to psychedelic stimulants. My materialism isn't absolute, but it's a policy to stop myself believing in absolute crap.

There are many theories out there, but as a wise man said, the chances of ever finding out what's really going on are so absurdly remote the only thing to do is to screw the sense of it all and keep yourself occupied.

Infinite Eternal Omniscient Omnipotent Hyper-Intelligence of Pure Love
    Love is the Law! Love under Will!

I would unpick the IEOOHIPL but I don't have time today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's what I said. It's a simple triology. Three in one whilst three of three. Like those musketeers. Couldn't be simpler.
    A greater theological truth than anything in the old Testament or the Koran.

Well done, C. They should make you archbish.

Yeah? We've just got one God. But He comes in 3 main flavours. The 2nd of which Vishnu has incarnated about ten times, including as Rama and Krishna. And the 3rd, Shiva, is simultaneously the same as and different from his wife, Parvati, who's also an re-incarnation of his first wife Sati, but Parvati also incarnates as pure destruction, Kali. And then we've got millions of others Gods, too. Durga, Ganga etc.

So if it comes to a God ruck, we'd win.

And anyway, as I said, Jeez is one of ours anyway. Read his teachings and honestly tell me he sounds more like a ¥id than a Buddhist.

And that is why there is some essential element of civility in Christianity which is lacking in the other two Abrahamic religions.
    But your Gods aren't real, gg.

The Big Man has seen you pantheists off before and he'll have no difficulty doing so again.

I have read His teachings. He is very insistent on the doctrinal authority of the Old Testament. I doubt a Buddhist would have been.

I agree he can be mean, but you often get your retaliation in first, don't you, h? Hmmm?

Perhaps if you approached him in a spirit of friendship and without your usual rancour, he would respond in kind?
    Well we'll see b. But the second he cocks a snook at me or ****s me off cos of me grammer or mentions jobbies in U pipes it's off!