Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
Well.. To you and everyone else that interpreted this as a slight on Xhaka, it wasn't.. My comment was simply that it was a far greater risk to spend 40m on a player, with no major track record in playing in one of the most competitive leagues in Europe, as opposed to taking a punt of £5m on a player from the lower divisions.
For the record. I like Xhaka. I like his spirit, a tad reckless perhaps but certainly a player that adds steel to the midfield. A good eye for goal and as SC pointed out, a very good passer of a ball.
Ok, but if we are to "spend some fùcking money" as so many have been demanding, and especially in an inflated market, then that is going to involve risk by its nature. After all, the reason why we didn't spend the chuffing money for so long was because the club/manager thought it too much of a risk, at a time of austerity for the club.

Did Man Utd take a risk on Pogba? Yes, but it doesn't matter because they can probably afford a risk like that every year. We might be able to do that once, but we couldn't do that every year.