Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Something vaguely interesting in the wake of recent terrorist attacks.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I don't think there's a fine line between the two at all. You think the millions upon millions of Muslims across the world who hold fundamentalist views are mentally ill, including the masses of highly educated, highly functioning individuals among them?
    Fair point, but you might want to believe that if you were in the mental health issues business. Everyone has the right to try and make a living, after all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Fair point, but you might want to believe that if you were in the mental health issues business. Everyone has the right to try and make a living, after all.
    I'm not sure there's much money in propagating the idea that everyone who holds fundamentalist Islamic views is mentally ill. If anything, it's much more likely to lose you your job.

There may be some mileage in suggesting this about those who resort to actual violence, but they are still thankfully too rare to represent a viable business model.

I'm not sure there's much money in propagating the idea that everyone who holds fundamentalist Islamic views is mentally ill. If anything, it's much more likely to lose you your job.

There may be some mileage in suggesting this about those who resort to actual violence, but they are still thankfully too rare to represent a viable business model.
    Yes, and no. It's more the general thinking that everybody needs to take mental health questions more seriously, pay them more attention.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Still might be interesting to set out a stall in front of a mosque or two with a sign saying "Get your mental health solutions here" and see how it flies.