Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Decent article from the Tele on why everything is so much better under Unai

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is it churlish to wish there were a few more clean sheets in among that lot, though?
    There's not too many rock solid defences about anymore, imo. Not just us. Because of all the attacking quality available, especially at the top but even further down the table, it seems there's an acceptance that the opposition team will score; with your "apparently" better players, you just have to score more.

We won the league in '91 allowing just 18 goals; Manchester City, despite dominating last season, let in almost thirty, I think, which seems about par recently.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is it churlish to wish there were a few more clean sheets in among that lot, though?
    Yes, ridiculously churlish.

The man has been in the job a few weeks. He has a whole squad, indeed a whole football club, to get operating in line with his plan.

If, at this point, we had lost 4 and drawn a couple, I wouldn't have been in the least surprised.

This bloke may turn out to be utter mince, but to suggest that he is doing anything other than remarkably well at this point is Cascarino-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

The man has been in the job a few weeks. He has a whole squad, indeed a whole football club, to get operating in line with his plan.

If, at this point, we had lost 4 and drawn a couple, I wouldn't have been in the least surprised.

This bloke may turn out to be utter mince, but to suggest that he is doing anything other than remarkably well at this point is Cascarino-esque.
    You’ve made Arsene cry.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There's not too many rock solid defences about anymore, imo. Not just us. Because of all the attacking quality available, especially at the top but even further down the table, it seems there's an acceptance that the opposition team will score; with your "apparently" better players, you just have to score more.

We won the league in '91 allowing just 18 goals; Manchester City, despite dominating last season, let in almost thirty, I think, which seems about par recently.
    Yes. People seem to think it’s just about scoring more than the other chap these days. Awfully vulgar if you ask me.

This bloke may turn out to be utter mince but to suggest that he is doing anything other than remarkably well at this point is Cascarino-esque.
    Why do you hate him?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Why do you hate him?
    You will note that I have advised against judging him yet. I certainly do not hate him. Just because he lept into Arsene's chair while it was still warm and didn't have the decency to tell Gazidis to go fúck himself, as an honourable man would have done, doesn't mean that I hate the filthy chap.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Why do you hate him?
    If someone killed your (albeit nagging and past her prime) wife of 22 years and the next day dumped some random bint on your doorstep and said "Here, live with her. And have sex with her tonight. Come on, forget the last two decades, life goes on, just do it" .....would you be happy, even if she was a bit of a looker with three wafer cups under her knickers?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If someone killed your (albeit nagging and past her prime) wife and the next day dumped some random bint on your doorstep and said "Here, live with her. And have sex with her tonight. Come on, forget the last 22 years, life goes on, just do it" .....would you be happy?
    This bird I have to have sex with tonight who's been duped on my doorstep - she's alive, right?

This bird I have to have sex with tonight who's been duped on my doorstep - she's alive, right?
    Yes, and a touch younger, not a grey hair in sight, and has actually managed to win a European ****ing trophy. But it's not your soulmate and life partner, who is now dead.

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If someone killed your (albeit nagging and past her prime) wife of 22 years and the next day dumped some random bint on your doorstep and said "Here, live with her. And have sex with her tonight. Come on, forget the last two decades, life goes on, just do it" .....would you be happy, even if she was a bit of a looker with three wafer cups under her knickers?
    Er, oh, um, yes, I would be absolutely furious! What a dreadful thought......