Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So - as with every other bloody mass shooting - are we now going to have to watch the

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He hasn't been entirely specific, has he? Perhaps he wishes to retain an element of surprise?
    Well he could at least wait until you've finished your chicken imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ah, yes. Deliberations by unelected judges deciding our fate. Lovely. Besides, as the Catalans are discovering, written constitutions can also be used as a straitjacket.

No, better to have the thing out at the polls.
    Only one solution- elected judges.

Well he could at least wait until you've finished your chicken imo.
    And gravy. You wouldn't deny a condemned man his gravy, b?

If that actually happens to Sir C, you are bang in trouble, p.
    If that happens to Sir C we are all in trouble. Thin end of the wedge.

Anyway, if it does happen it wasnt me.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well, once they decided that Sandy Hook was acceptable, then it was never going to change
    Well the harsh truth is that there is really naff all they can do to change the reality on the ground, which is that there are 300 million firearms in circulation in the United States and they're virtually untraceable. Are you going to take them back? If you do, only the law-abiding will give them to you, which means you have all the guns in the hands of the criminals and none in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Yes, you can ban dum-dums or semi-automatic weapons, but what about all the ones that are already out there? You can't do anything about them.

If I were American (which the good lord forbid), I would most certainly own guns. I would get trained in their use and keep them somewhere safe, but certainly I would feel safer with one.

I was being nice. I first considered leaving you outside an inferior chicken franchise- Dixy perhaps......

Of course. Do you know there isn't a KFC anywhere near where I live? Truly I live in the sticks.

Well the harsh truth is that there is really naff all they can do to change the reality on the ground, which is that there are 300 million firearms in circulation in the United States and they're virtually untraceable. Are you going to take them back? If you do, only the law-abiding will give them to you, which means you have all the guns in the hands of the criminals and none in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Yes, you can ban dum-dums or semi-automatic weapons, but what about all the ones that are already out there? You can't do anything about them.

If I were American (which the good lord forbid), I would most certainly own guns. I would get trained in their use and keep them somewhere safe, but certainly I would feel safer with one.
    If I were American I would buy one and shoot myself in the head.

Of course. Do you know there isn't a KFC anywhere near where I live? Truly I live in the sticks.
    I made the proper KFC again at the weekend. It is a truly magnificent thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I was being nice. I first considered leaving you outside an inferior chicken franchise- Dixy perhaps......

I've always been puzzled by Chicken Cottage. Why a cottage? Why the rural imagery for a chain that is almost exclusively to be found in the shīttier bits of South London. Why not a Chicken House, a Chicken Flat or a Chicken Semi?