Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Invincibles thing is safe for another season and Spurs aren't going to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Off-topic, I would argue that not enough value is placed on Cole generally. For my money, he's the one English player of the last 20 years who would consistently have been there or thereabouts in a World XI. The fact that he was a gobshíte tends to obscure his excellence as a player.
    Lost. all for the sake of £10-£15k a week. Small potatoes nowadays of course.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Would it? Much of a muchness, imo.
    hmmm, Liverpool are considered challengers for the League and also a shoe in for a CL place..... we are struggling to get top 4, have a much weaker squad and look a long way off from where they are at the moment
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You don't get it, do you? We aren't in that league anymore.
    Having that kind of money would put us back in that league. It's a very simple equation. City weren't in that league either.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Having that kind of money would put us back in that league. It's a very simple equation. City weren't in that league either.
    That type of money was only ever going to come to us via (the likes of) Usmanov.

And he's fúcked off now.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Lost. all for the sake of £10-£15k a week. Small potatoes nowadays of course.
    Yes. Worth bearing in mind any time people feel like getting nostalgic about David Dein, that.

Off-topic, I would argue that not enough value is placed on Cole generally. For my money, he's the one English player of the last 20 years who would consistently have been there or thereabouts in a World XI. The fact that he was a gobshíte tends to obscure his excellence as a player.
    No, that's very much on topic. Pre-Wenger, Cole is precisely the sort of player who'd have skippered the side for a decade before having a statue raised in his honour outside the ground.

It would have to be the ground that Wenger built, of course, so I guess it's complicated
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, that's very much on topic. Pre-Wenger, Cole is precisely the sort of player who'd have skippered the side for a decade before having a statue raised in his honour outside the ground.

It would have to be the ground that Wenger built, of course, so I guess it's complicated
    Dunno. You could argue that, like Kenny Sansom, he was a great player, but had the wrong personality for leadership.

Dunno. You could argue that, like Kenny Sansom, he was a great player, but had the wrong personality for leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    That type of money was only ever going to come to us via (the likes of) Usmanov.

And he's fúcked off now.
    No, that's what we built the Emirates for. We can't give it back.

I think ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Almost everybody does! That's what Sandhurst is for. Or, in our case, London Colney.