Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I don't know how it's happened but we're not that far off are we?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Our cringingly poor defensive performance in the 3-4 loss to Liverpool was possibly the best defeat we've ever had.
    3-1 at home to Blackburn springs to mind in that category, m

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    3-1 at home to Blackburn springs to mind in that category, m
    Great shout. I was there. Terrible seens.

That was attitude. However the Liverpool defeat was instrumental in getting us Mustafi. If we'd blundered onto a draw there methinks Mustafi might not have come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Great shout. I was there. Terrible seens.

That was attitude. However the Liverpool defeat was instrumental in getting us Mustafi. If we'd blundered onto a draw there methinks Mustafi might not have come.
    Well we finished second last season so I think there were quite a few supporters who felt we were only a few players away. Problem was that we've had that feeling before over the past 10 years or so and those opportunities slipped away so there was a sense of deja vu. This was exacerbated by the fact that many people thought the players were a striker (very hard to find), a DM (Wenger seemed to not want to spend money on the position and as he had just bought Elneny would he really buy another?) and a CB (see DM and replace Elneny with Gabriel).

However with Xhaka and Mustafi both looking like very good buys and Sanchez playing well up front, our issues look like they have resolutions. Hence the optimism. Well done, Arsene.