Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Good ebening. I have just been bought lunch by an Indian diplomat in exchange for

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're not that old. A chap doesn't enter his prime until his mid-50s.
    I like the sound of this theory. I expect it is due to the comforting and relaxing knowledge that one is only 20 years away from retirement, and being able to enjoy the good life of pipe, slippers, and hearty strolls in and around the falling autumnal leaves of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I like the sound of this theory. I expect it is due to the comforting and relaxing knowledge that one is only 20 years away from retirement, and being able to enjoy the good life of pipe, slippers, and hearty strolls in and around the falling autumnal leaves of life.
    I could actually retire in 2 months from today if I wanted to (or really thought i could afford to)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I could actually retire in 2 months from today if I wanted to (or really thought i could afford to)
    I'm sort of retired. I guess I could probably afford to retire, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I'm sort of retired. I guess I could probably afford to retire, it's not all it's cracked up to be.
    There's the problem though. How much is enough? If you're going to sit at home waiting to die, a couple could probably live on £100k (assuming no mortgage, obviously), but if you're going to continue to travel, and eat out, and generally keep yourself amused, you're going to be spending fortunes. Unless you're a school teacher or other leech, I mean public employee, who's got a £200k a year pension?