Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: A corner turned or papering over the cracks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I didn't want to jinx it before the game but Wenger seems to have the indian sign somewhat over Conte - we've been the better team in four out the five games we've played against them. Is our passed-it, senile etc etc manager outwitting the fiery Italian?
    Well I am not sure I believe in such occult style phenomena but he has a very good record (W3,D1,L1???).

Brave picks by AW yesterday in leaving out Sanchez given the backlash to his tactical omissions at Anfield. Had we lost you know the media would have gone for that and created stories of background unrest etc. Now playing 5 defenders in defensive roles, and crucially playing them where they are accustomed to play, and screened by two midfield footballers then yesterday is what should be expected so while I am more than gracious in awarding him credit it is something we need to see repeated and consistent.

I think Conte got it wrong yesterday as they looked a lot better when Bakayoko came on, as and when Hazard is fully fit then he takes Fabregas place and it is one from Willian and Pedro who both were very average. Their relative lack of summer spending sees them lag behind the Manchester duo.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well I am not sure I believe in such occult style phenomena but he has a very good record (W3,D1,L1???).

Brave picks by AW yesterday in leaving out Sanchez given the backlash to his tactical omissions at Anfield. Had we lost you know the media would have gone for that and created stories of background unrest etc. Now playing 5 defenders in defensive roles, and crucially playing them where they are accustomed to play, and screened by two midfield footballers then yesterday is what should be expected so while I am more than gracious in awarding him credit it is something we need to see repeated and consistent.

I think Conte got it wrong yesterday as they looked a lot better when Bakayoko came on, as and when Hazard is fully fit then he takes Fabregas place and it is one from Willian and Pedro who both were very average. Their relative lack of summer spending sees them lag behind the Manchester duo.
    Technically w2 d2 l1 in the record books and penalty wins don't count. But spot on on Bakayoko. Missing Costa and Hazard massively, and only the latter will be back. Morata was quite easily handled by Mustafi - didn't help himself by going to ground at any contact. Was surprised Iwobi started ahead of other option ie Walcott but he actually worked much harder than I expected even if he was lacking a bit of inspiration