Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hmm, it seems to me that Labour need to connect with their traditional support base.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You'll not be surprised to learn that I blame Blair for all this sort of thing. Once you start mandating tolerance of 'diversity' and policing the language accordingly, you open the floodgates for all manner of nonsensical fůckery.
    Yeah, I get that you think that, b.

I think the problem is you have a generation that grew up being taught about the heroic struggles against prejudice undertaken by previous generations and they want their own. So now we have to change toilet customs for a few awkward and confused benders who cant decide whether to piss standing up.

I suggested a third toilet called 'other' for all the various weirdos and tossers. Didn't go down well.

There is also an issue with dyslexics and other blaggers using the disabled toilets which should be set aside for spaccas.

I think I am just reaching an age where this stuff annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait, Harrison Ford is boning Ally McBeal? She's about 21 and he's 100 if he's a day, ffs!

Sick bástard.
    52 and 74, but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah, I get that you think that, b.

I think the problem is you have a generation that grew up being taught about the heroic struggles against prejudice undertaken by previous generations and they want their own. So now we have to change toilet customs for a few awkward and confused benders who cant decide whether to piss standing up.

I suggested a third toilet called 'other' for all the various weirdos and tossers. Didn't go down well.

There is also an issue with dyslexics and other blaggers using the disabled toilets which should be set aside for spaccas.

I think I am just reaching an age where this stuff annoys me.
    My mother is convinced they're mostly just common or garden pooves who are sufficiently ashamed of their poovery that they feel the need to legitimise it as a quasi-medical condition.

I think she has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    52 and 74, but yes.
    He's never only 74, is he? Could have sworn he was 80-odd.
    How olds Clint Eastwoid? He must be pushing 90 now, surely?

My mother is convinced they're mostly just common or garden pooves who are sufficiently ashamed of their poovery that they feel the need to legitimise it as a quasi-medical condition.

I think she has a point.
    Attention-seeking ****s is the other main possibility, plus the modern desire to play the victim. When did being a victim become an aspirational thing?

I think she has a point.
    Certainly, but it was the weakening of more traditional values that opened the door for it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Attention-seeking ****s is the other main possibility, plus the modern desire to play the victim. When did being a victim become an aspirational thing?
    When it became so lucrative obviously.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    When it became so lucrative obviously.
    And when was that?

It certainly got a boost the 90's, when PR firms were hired to cast specific groups as victims needing military intervention in their favour. Also there was the Diana thing which seemed to glorify victimhood.

I agree with your earlier point about "a generation that grew up being taught about the heroic struggles against prejudice undertaken by previous generations and they want their own." Though I would be squeemish about using the word 'bender'.

And when was that?
    Don't ask me! You're the one who paid attention at school.