Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: June 2015: Parliament votes for EU referendum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't particularly want it honoured but I believe it needs to be. I also don't want to have to deal with the fall out of it being ignored.
    Yes "want" is possibly the wrong word. Though, while I would understand why the you can't just have referendums willy-nilly, it's very interesting that people like Monty who evoke the whole "it's the will of the people" meme, are absolutely terrified that that the will of people in August 2017 might be sufficiently different to that of June 2016, to reverse the decision. Funny old game democracy

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes "want" is possibly the wrong word. Though, while I would understand why the you can't just have referendums willy-nilly, it's very interesting that people like Monty who evoke the whole "it's the will of the people" meme, are absolutely terrified that that the will of people in August 2017 might be sufficiently different to that of June 2016, to reverse the decision. Funny old game democracy
    Well it was a very tight decision in the first place. It may well go the other way if we did it again (I suspect not, but you never know).

On balance, they waited ****ing years for a vote and they won it, albeit narrowly. Kind of has to happen now if only to honour the process.

You wrongly assume I am pro-Brexit

Xxxxxxxxxxx

QUOTE=Luis Anaconda;4173124]Yes "want" is possibly the wrong word. Though, while I would understand why the you can't just have referendums willy-nilly, it's very interesting that people like Monty who evoke the whole "it's the will of the people" meme, are absolutely terrified that that the will of people in August 2017 might be sufficiently different to that of June 2016, to reverse the decision. Funny old game democracy[/QUOTE]