Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So what is the deal with Jorge's emergence as a bona fide social justice warrior on

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The joke, of course, is that the rioters were banking on the idea that, if they attacked our troops, they wouldn't shoot back. On this occasion, they lost that particular bet. Too bad.
    This always seems to me to be the missing part of the argument. I mean, if you chuck bricks at an armed man, what response do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This always seems to me to be the missing part of the argument. I mean, if you chuck bricks at an armed man, what response do you expect?
    Well yes. But I'm pointing out the irony that the outrage about it stems from an expectation on the part of the republican rioters that - despite all their anti-Brit rhetoric - the British wouldn't behave like that because they're generally decent and you can lob bricks at them with impunity. So, in fact, the whole thing relies on an underlying assumption by rabid republicans that the Brits are generally decent and not likely to open up on them - even when they deserve it.

And generally, of course, they'd have been right. However, Paras are a bit different.

Well yes. But I'm pointing out the irony that the outrage about it stems from an expectation on the part of the republican rioters that - despite all their anti-Brit rhetoric - the British wouldn't behave like that because they're generally decent and you can lob bricks at them with impunity. So, in fact, the whole thing relies on an underlying assumption by rabid republicans that the Brits are generally decent and not likely to open up on them - even when they deserve it.

And generally, of course, they'd have been right. However, Paras are a bit different.
    A bit thick and prone to acts of immense violence with little provocation, in my experience

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    A bit thick and prone to acts of immense violence with little provocation, in my experience
    Irish or Para's?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I only ever said hello to you.

Rough men who stand ready to do violence on our behalf, innit

Rough men who stand ready to do violence on our behalf, innit
    Good christ.

Get a grip man.

Patriots, you mean?

British_paratroopers_in_Oosterbeek_cropped.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Irish or Para's?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not around Aldershot in the late 80's