Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
Hang on. They're four points off top spot and play Palace away in the week with us at home on the weekend while Chelsea are playing Everton (who've won eight in a row at Goodison) away on the weekend. There's more than a decent chance they'll be one point off top spot with 4 games left to play, a position i'm sure we'd all swap an FA cup final for.
I know all this. But I do think Saturday will have had a psychological impact, if not on the players then certainly the fans who know all too well the feeling of false hope. They would have been relatively confident about beating Chelsea given their form and would not have expected us to win our match either. And even if we had both won, it would have raised the delicious prospect of beating us in the final - perhaps Wenger's last game - and I know for a fact that this was an opportunity they were relishing (and that we were petrified of) given their form.

So I think the weekend's events *have*changed the complexion of things. I also think they are now worried that we could scupper their title chances by taking points off them next week - something that would not have particilarly occured to them while momentum was so heavily with them.

In short, I think the weekend could POSSIBLY act as a significant spanner in the works.