Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Having driven past the new toilet bowl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    By putting themselves in the kind of debt that held us back for 10 years, but doing it 15 years later?

They're going to have their lean spell, and if Pochettino handles it half as well as Wenger managed ours, I'll be surprised.
    Different time though, huge debts perhaps (I dont know the figures) but we are also in an era where the money within the PL is of an obscene level compared to back when we built. Even the **** clubs earn probably more in a season than we did then.

Whether or not they can pay the stadium costs while retaining their few star players and also aggressively investing in better players is a different issue. This summer may suggest not - but then it has been an extremely odd and almost quiet transfer window all things taken into consideration (apart from Liverpool).

City 1 player, Chelsea 1 player, United 1 player?**

*big signings of course

I thnk, even if they were to dip outside of the top 4 due to financial constraints

it would only be for a period of a few years this time around.
    They've put in place a template by which it would be hard to imagine them not stamping themselves as top four contenders going forwards.

A large fan base and a 60k stadium with all the commercial revenues should safeguard a club from trawling about in the bottom half of any league... Should.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Different time though, huge debts perhaps (I dont know the figures) but we are also in an era where the money within the PL is of an obscene level compared to back when we built. Even the **** clubs earn probably more in a season than we did then.

Whether or not they can pay the stadium costs while retaining their few star players and also aggressively investing in better players is a different issue. This summer may suggest not - but then it has been an extremely odd and almost quiet transfer window all things taken into consideration (apart from Liverpool).

*big signings of course

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

*big signings of course
    They took out a £400m five year loan so I’d say they’re ****ed for the next few years.