Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The woman badly needs to stop doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Unfortunately, that is typical of her weakness of character. She didn't want to do it, but lacked the resolution and fortitude to resist pressure and simply not do it.
    Badly advised. She should never have been put in that position. A good press secretary would never allow that to happen.

That would have softened their fûcking cough a bit, iufg. You'd have heard a fûck sight less bullshìt about 'Las Malvinas' if we'd just melted their fûcking faces off, I can tell you.
    I'll give you that...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Would the great Mrs Thatcher (PBUH) have even contemplated dancing in a circumstance like this? Absolutely not. And that is the benchmark by which all Prime Ministers must judge themselves.
    No, but she did allow that revolting old reptile Alan Clark give her a fingering in the Cabinet Office.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Isn't winning the Falklands War one of the reasons she's regarded as a great PM?
    Conflict, AFCE, Falklands Conflict. It wasn't a war

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Badly advised. She should never have been put in that position. A good press secretary would never allow that to happen.
    She shouldn't have needed to be advised not to make a cûnt of herself, p. She should have the intelligence and self-awareness to avoid it.

Anyway, this is a sideshow. Her biggest mistake while in Africa was in giving (albeit tentative) backing to SA's 'land reforms'. That's going to look very bad in a few years' time, when SA has gone the way of Zimbabwe.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Conflict, AFCE, Falklands Conflict. It wasn't a war
    So I hear from Sir C. Not exactly peaceful is it?

I'm leaving now, with an image of Alan Clark fingering Thatcher in my head. Thanks for that awimb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Point of order: Falklands Conflict. War was never declared.
    This country hasn't been in an actual war since 1945.

This country hasn't been in an actual war since 1945.
    Yes, because we stopped calling them wars by effectively permitting Prime Ministers to enter large scale military operations without requiring the monarch to declare war.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, because we stopped calling them wars by effectively permitting Prime Ministers to enter large scale military operations without requiring the monarch to declare war.
    Yes. Much more sensible. Can you imagine trying to get Charles to declare war on anyone, ffs? It'd be a nightmare.

Yes. Much more sensible. Can you imagine trying to get Charles to declare war on anyone, ffs? It'd be a nightmare.
    He'd want to talk to them, or some other such nonsense.