Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finished watching Simon Sebag Montefiore's Jerusalem documentary series last night.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Theoretically, I quite fancy visiting Jerusalem due to all the history and that.

However, I strongly suspect that, as a tourist destination, it’s a fùcking dump.
    I went a few years ago - it does suffer a bit from that in places but still some magnificent sights. Really weird standing outside the Garden of Gethsemane and realising **** it's all real. The Wailing wall is a giggle as well. Was only there on a daytrip from Egypt (literally a day - left the hotel at 2am arrived back 2am next day, press trips, eh).

Did you think the Holy Book was some kind of

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Really weird standing outside the Garden of Gethsemane and realising **** it's all real. .
    fairy tale? I'll cut out your blaspheming tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Of course, the whole God thing is - the settings are true though

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    My favourite is the basis for the Muslim claim on Jerusalem. The Prophet flew there one night on a flying donkey and ascended to heaven. Can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My favourite is the basis for the Muslim claim on Jerusalem. The Prophet flew there one night on a flying donkey and ascended to heaven. Can't argue with that.
    A - re GOT.

Had a close encounter with one of the stars yesterday, Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish I believe.

Nearly knocked me over, didn’t, apologised.

Could have turned nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A - re GOT.

Had a close encounter with one of the stars yesterday, Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish I believe.

Could have turned nasty.
    Sounds like he was in character then. He's the one that started all the wars and mayhem. "Chaos is a ladder" was his theme.

Definitely capable of a spot of anti-social pedestrian behaviour on the fair streets of your Dublin there.

Sounds like he was in character then. He's the one that started all the wars and mayhem. "Chaos is a ladder" was his theme.

Definitely capable of a spot of anti-social pedestrian behaviour on the fair streets of your Dublin there.
    He owned a knocking shop, did he not? He's done well for himself, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He owned a knocking shop, did he not? He's done well for himself, really.
    SW? I thought he was a good catholic boy

Clattered into me as he appeared to be running late for an early evening dinner appointment in Trocadero. I was busy selecting appropriate commute music on my iPod so was not ready for the challenge.

He laid his hand on me, asked after my welfare and apologised. I merely wished him luck.

I expect today the perilous predicament he was briefly in.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A - re GOT.

Could have turned nasty.
    Goosefat Bill? One of King Arthur's knights in the recent Guy Ritchie movie caper?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."