Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Following on from Sir C's post. If you have become famous in your late teens/ early

Following on from Sir C's post. If you have become famous in your late teens/ early

20's being a rockstar.

Would you be dead now? and what killed you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    20's being a rockstar.

Hard to say. I mixed booze, drugs and fast cars with great enthusiam in my 20s (and 30s ) (Oh alright then, and 40s) and got away with it. Perhaps fame and more money would have made me push it further?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hard to say. I mixed booze, drugs and fast cars with great enthusiam in my 20s (and 30s ) (Oh alright then, and 40s) and got away with it. Perhaps fame and more money would have made me push it further?
    I have an addictive personality. So I probably would still be alive but squandered any money I had on bad investments, gambling, vintage guitars and brasses.

20's being a rockstar.

Oh I'd certainly be a member of the 27 club
    Balls deep in a scraggly old whore with a needle hanging out of each arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Having to get up and do a proper day's work involving people who aren't going to accept a hangover or a late night as reasons for you letting them down does tend to keep one from letting it go too far. That said, in my 20s I was able to function on a lot less sleep.

I have an addictive personality. So I probably would still be alive but squandered any money I had on bad investments, gambling, vintage guitars and brasses.
    I don't really believe in addictive personalities, f. I simply believe some people like doing certain things more than other people and so do them to a degree others would consider excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Having to get up and do a proper day's work involving people who aren't going to accept a hangover or a late night as reasons for you letting them down does tend to keep one from letting it go too far. That said, in my 20s I was able to function on a lot less sleep.
    That's true, real life does supply a little discipline to hold on to.

Yes, I'd be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't really believe in addictive personalities, f. I simply believe some people like doing certain things more than other people and so do them to a degree others would consider excessive.
    I only base this on when I am interested in something I go mental on it and have to buy all the gear. Stuff I don't even need.

I now keep my old stuff in case I gain interest again next year.

20's being a rockstar.

Fair chance I would have blown my head off, if the unwelcome attentions side of fame drove me over the edge, and I had access to a gun. Given the choice, I would probably have wanted the music to be famous, not me.

While I have enjoyed the drugs and booze, I have generally been fairly sensible about dosage, if not always on frequency. Never was one to spunk money on needless equipment, with a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fair chance I would have blown my head off, if the unwelcome attentions side of fame drove me over the edge, and I had access to a gun. Given the choice, I would probably have wanted the music to be famous, not me.

While I have enjoyed the drugs and booze, I have generally been fairly sensible about dosage, if not always on frequency. Never was one to spunk money on needless equipment, with a few exceptions.
    I like how you've given yourself a romantic - if somewhat depressive - narrative, a.