Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Chadli. They're almost as Spursy as England. And to top it all they have Fellaini. I'm possibly mistaken but ISTR Chadli getting the winner (or late equaliser - same thing) against us at the Grove a few years back and walking up Highbury Hill heard Spurs fans pissing themselves laughing that Chadli, who they thought was well shít, scored against us.

And now he's a fat winger in the second division moonlighting as a 'marvellous' international superstar. Funny old game, Brian.

EDIT: Oh, and I thought the plucky Japanesers were great, but knew they'd lose as soon as they conceded the first.
Yes the Japaneeze were great but so were the Belgians, 2 down with about 20-25 to go and they came out on top. Marvellous. Enthralling.

And the 3rd goal was simply magnificent.

Almost like a goal we would have scored over a decade ago. One could imagine Vieira steaming forward with the ball, releasing it to his side to an onrushing player and it being squared to a Pires or Henry to finish off.

The Chadli thing is bizarre of course, always looked an utter shít**** at Spurs and a transfer to the heights of WBA suggest he is, yet there he was finishing off the move with such aplomb.

I don’t hate or dislike Spurs players simply because they are. In fact the odd one such as Dembele I simply think are magnificent footballers and am happy to applaud them as being so.

The transient nature of the modern game simply means these people are employees passing through as opposed to a Roberts or Sheringham or Keane who were held in such esteem by their support. Kane the next in that lineage.

I do not like Harry Kane.

p.s. Fellaini does not bother me one iota either. He’s a big hairy freak of course but he is damned effective at being one.