Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I wonder if the Tories are tempted to call another general election?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The Tory party stayed in power by signing an agreement and paying a £1bn to a terrorist party in NI, so they are hardly in a position to use that as something to beat him with.

There will be no election as they have no need to call 1
    They didn't pay a single penny to the DUP. What's the point in telling outright lies? That's not political debate, is it? It's just ridiculous.

At least the Tories didn't sneak into the grounds of Buckingham Palace and steal the queen's knickers from the washinh line and burn them like Corbyn did. There, that's as accurate a riposte as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm dubious about how damaging all of this is to Jezza. It's hardly as if he's been found out as a virulent racist - in fact, the strongest accusation made by the groups who have mobilised around the issue is that he turns a "bind eye" to anti-Semitism. No-one outside of social media is actually claiming he himself is an anti-semite.

And anyone who may be put off voting for him because of this only needs to turn to the Tories and see plenty of perceived institutional racism too. Boris Johnson's Prince Phillip-esque gaffes, nígger in the woodpile, illegal immigrant van posters, much of the Brexit campaigning, Zach Goldsmith's Islamophobic London mayoral campaign...
    It all contributes to the larger picture of his unfitness for office. He's being seen as being in open warfare with his party, his only defence to the charges of anti-semitism has been that he's too incompetent/negligent/stupid to have noticed that all his friends hate Jews/are communist spies or terrorists. The 'kindly old lefty uncle' thing's fvcked now, which was his major selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This might well be the straw that breaks the proverbial, though. So far a percentage of, presumably retarded, voters have ignored the history of instinctive anti-British sentiment, terrorist sympathising and polyester tracksuits, but something must eventually persuade the majority of what he is. Something must.
    But to some degree or other these "retarded" voters often share these same anti-British, terrorist-sympathising sentiments.

I'm thinking back to specific events of recent time such as the Charlie Hebdo attack and the New Year's Eve muslim sex attacks in Cologne and among many of the sane left-leaning people I know literally their first response was that the cartoonists brought it on themselves and that the sex attacks proved that toxic masculinity is making it a terrible time for women to be alive.

These sentiments are POPULAR

The Tory party stayed in power by signing an agreement and paying a £1bn to a terrorist party in NI, so they are hardly in a position to use that as something to beat him with.

There will be no election as they have no need to call 1
    The DUP is not a terrorist party by any stretch of the imagination. That's just a lie. Indeed, its leader's father was shot by the IRA and her school bus was blown up by the *******s.

But to some degree or other these "retarded" voters often share these same anti-British, terrorist-sympathising sentiments.

I'm thinking back to specific events of recent time such as the Charlie Hebdo attack and the New Year's Eve muslim sex attacks in Cologne and among many of the sane left-leaning people I know literally their first response was that the cartoonists brought it on themselves and that the sex attacks proved that toxic masculinity is making it a terrible time for women to be alive.

These sentiments are POPULAR
    I imagine they're popular in the public sector, among students, in Islamic communities and in North London. There's no evidence that such sentiments are popular with the wider electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They didn't pay a single penny to the DUP. What's the point in telling outright lies? That's not political debate, is it? It's just ridiculous.

At least the Tories didn't sneak into the grounds of Buckingham Palace and steal the queen's knickers from the washinh line and burn them like Corbyn did. There, that's as accurate a riposte as yours.
    OK, they paid £1bn for funding for NI... is that better? The fact they are in bed with a terrorist organisation is OK?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The DUP is not a terrorist party by any stretch of the imagination. That's just a lie. Indeed, its leader's father was shot by the IRA and her school bus was blown up by the *******s.
    So they never took part in terrorist activity? Is Sinn Fein a terrorist party or not?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I imagine they're popular in the public sector, among students, in Islamic communities and in North London. There's no evidence that such sentiments are popular with the wider electorate.
    Did you see the Dispatches documentary on MEND last night?

So they never took part in terrorist activity? Is Sinn Fein a terrorist party or not?
    As a party, no they didn't. There has never been any suggestion that they did. Sinn Fein, by contrast, was the official political wing of the IRA and explicitly spoke on its behalf. Any attempt at drawing equivalence between the two is doomed.

Sinn Fein was led by Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness who are acknowledged as having been members of the IRA's Army Council. I defy you to find similarly direct terrorist connections at senior levels of the DUP.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-27-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Did you see the Dispatches documentary on MEND last night?
    No, I missed it. I understand they did the very un-Channel 4 thing of actually telling the truth about them?