Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2-0. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I did ask the question yesterday as to why the fúck we were in Australia in the first place.

Far East etc. I can understand, your average gook cannot get enough of the "EPL" but Australia is hardly a hotbed of football and is so full of dangerous spiders and **** that our players must be at risk.
    Oh, the Australians do love their football alright. I think Bobo Vieri even grew up and learned the game down there, even though he says his favourite player was Allan Border

Anyway, there's loads of former British there. And, of course, sundry Irish and other Eurotrash. Think of it, eighty thousand in the ground today to see Theo Walcott & co stroll about
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Swindon or Saudi Arabia, please.
    hmmm - I've been to Swindon, didn't like it (though Kevin Campbell did score a hat-trick). What are the pubs like in Saudi Arabia

Oh, the Australians do love their football alright. I think Bobo Vieri even grew up and learned the game down there, even though he says his favourite player was Allan Border

Anyway, there's loads of former British there. And, of course, sundry Irish and other Eurotrash. Think of it, eighty thousand in the ground today to see Theo Walcott & co stroll about
    The number that turned up today is irrelevant, it is the subsequent spend on merchandise and club memberships that matters.

The number that turned up today is irrelevant, it is the subsequent spend on merchandise and club memberships that matters.
    Not at all. Bums on seats shows interest, even excitement and passion. "Buzz" as the youngsters have it nowadays. Nobody wants to watch an empty ground on the television.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Oh, the Australians do love their football alright. I think Bobo Vieri grew up and learned the game down there, even though he says his favourite player was Allan Border

Anyway, there's loads of former British there. And, of course, sundry Irish and other Eurotrash.
    The Greeks are mad for it too

Not at all. Bums on seats shows interest, even excitement and passion. "Buzz" as the youngsters have it nowadays. Nobody wants to watch an empty ground on the television.
    Was it on the television?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The Greeks are mad for it too
    Stan Lazaridis?

Was it on the television?
    Arsenal player with Adrian Clarke and Nigel Winterburn. So, no. Not really

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What are the pubs like in Saudi Arabia
    very few and very far between.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    very few and very far between.
    I think they have a "hands off" approach.