Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Discussing my drinking habits with my doctor:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Two glasses of wine per night (ahem) equates to 42 units per week.

The maximum recommended is 14 units. I should reduce my intake to this level.

Doctors, eh?
    I think I told you this before. I had tests and the doctor (not my GP) called me as she was very alarmed at the results of the Liver Function tests, the results being not dis similar to a person with a drink problem.

Anyhow after discussions about the previous week / weekend etc. I simply told her she was wrong and we agreed to re-do the tests after a settling down period.

Guess who was vindicated?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think I told you this before. I had tests and the doctor (not my GP) called me as she was very alarmed at the results of the Liver Function tests, the results being not dis similar to a person with a drink problem.

Anyhow after discussions about the previous week / weekend etc. I simply told her she was wrong and we agreed to re-do the tests after a settling down period.

Guess who was vindicated?
    Tell me more about this 'settling down period'.

You quit the sauce, didn't you?

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in 2003, it was 150/90. They sent me away for 3 weeks and told me to be healthy, relax and come back.

I cut out coffee altogether, reduced my alcohol (although not massively), generally ate better and changed my workouts to be more cardio oriented.

3 weeks later it was 118/78 and they told me to go home and be happy.

Last time it was checked I think it was similar to yours 135/85 or so which isn't bad for people our age I think.

Not at all, I simply re-tested about 5 months later when life was normal and alcohol consumption had leveled off.

My initial test was in the first or second week of January so I had the Xmas booze volumes to contend with.

I have never quit the sauce since I began.