Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
I really wish people wouldn't say that about the 2015/16 polls. Psephology is about looking beyond the headline figure.

I called Brexit a little over a week before the vote because the polls were mostly saying that.

In the week before Jo Cox's murder, Leave was on average 4-5 pts ahead. Then after the killing people were less inclined to tell pollsters they were voting the same way as a racist murderer, which makes sense.

But if you have a look at how the polls jumped, it's clear what happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...eferendum#2016

The week before the death had Leave 8-2 Remain. After her death it was 10-3 the other way.

Also, Ed M was well behind on both Best PM and Economic Competence. And no HMLO has ever become PM if behind on either of those, let alone both.

It was clear that while they'd tell the pollsters they'd vote Lab cos they were unhappy with Dave, that given they also told them that Ed was no use as a PM and couldn't be trusted with the economy, that when they came to think about it during the campaign, they wouldn't vote for him in the polling booth.

And look where that got us.
I called Brexit before the referendum was even announced.

And it was obvious the country wasn’t going to vote for a nerdy, creepy Jew with a commie dad and zero charisma. It was the right decision not to.

People over-complicate these things. Sometimes it’s just obvious to anyone with eyes in their head, a half-decent brain and an understanding of what the British are actually like.