Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that thought the ref got all three decisions correct?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Not bothered about him changing the yellow to red, in fact I'm sort of pleased that those useless muppets that typically stand next to the goal doing nothing finally made a decision.

Alonso got a touch so it wasn't a pen, Kos bundled their striker over and it was clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity. All correct.

Those of the optimistic nature might also point out that with 11 v 11 over about 100 minutes of play I think we beat them 2-1? Doesn't excuse the defensive collapses but it at least suggests we have some rather talented players.

All we need now is Monty to assure us that a 10 game winning streak is about to begin and all will be well.
    Bundled over their striker - you blind ****ing know-nothing ****. FFS he just was "stronger". Look at again, you bald Canadian retard. Lewandowski pushed into Koscielny and throws himself to the ground - ABSOLUTELY NO FOUL AT ALL. JESUS WEPT YOU ****ING ARSEHOLE

Phew - feel better now. No offence like

Quote Originally Posted by swv2 View Post
    i didn’t think the walcott penalty was a penalty at the time and i had no doubt whatsoever the lewandowski decision was correct.

The yellow v red debate is being caused by the uncertainty created by the referee at the time, his haste perhaps or inexperience perhaps in rushing to the lesser card to then be advised and upgraded by his assistant (which was the correct thing to do, that is why they are there).

Had he just given the red from the off we would have accepted it, moaned of course but briefly and then moved on.

The resultant capitulation and failure in any way to get a hold on the game was a footballing disgrace and embarrassment for our great club. I note sir c talking in a separate missive about the exuberant celebrations of the hun as each goal went in, fair fúcks to them and i would expect our players to do the same in a game of such huge importance. They were enjoying themselves. Wd their players.

Wenger has come out and complained a little too much and in the process made himself look an utter ****, my opinion only, and a standpoint which of course most managers would have taken.

My mind goes back to that moment early in the second half when our bearded french world class striker, our main aerial threat, had a free header from about 5-6 yards and failed to convert. In that moment the match went, not the penalty as bayern appeared to spark into life from their very understandable and comfortable first half slumber.
    it wasn't even a foul ffs

Quote Originally Posted by swv2 View Post
    when i said "lewandowski decision" i simply mean the penalty as i have seen accusations of diving.

A player can be fouled in the box, and therefore a penalty awarded, however the player is not in a direct goal scoring position and may merely be about to assist, or god help us even pre-assist, a team mate.

Koscielny fouled lewandowski, soft yes perhaps but the ferocity of the push is irrelevant, he made no effort to play the ball and impeded the pole who was past him and about to strike on goal. He was thus fouled and denied a goal scoring opportunity. Of this i see no debate at all.
    he didn't foul him

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    he didn't foul him
    He made absolutely no effort to play the ball and impeded the man.

Not all fouls have to be crunching bad or late tackles.

Now please calm down, have a can of coke or whatever to briefly allay the raging hangover which is acting as a catalyst for your anger.

And apologise to Wes, that was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    How is a penalty not a goal-scoring opportunity?
    You are right about the rule change but unfortunately it only refers to attempted tackles not to "pushes, pulls, obstructionetc". So if the ref thought Kos pushed Lewandowski, he could still send him off. As the replay from behind the goal clearly shows, he didn't do any of these things - the cheating Polish arsehole pushed him and threw himself to the ground. How these blind ****s see that as a penalty I do not know, ****ING ARSEHOLES*

*the decision did not please me

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He made absolutely no effort to play the ball and impeded the man.

Not all fouls have to be crunching bad or late tackles.

Now please calm down, have a can of coke or whatever to briefly allay the raging hangover which is acting as a catalyst for your anger.

And apologise to Wes, that was uncalled for.
    He got his body in the way and Lewandoski pushed him and fell to the ground - there was absolutely no foul on Kos's part

He got his body in the way and Lewandoski pushed him and fell to the ground - there was absolutely no foul on Kos's part

Listen pal, I understand your anger* and stoic defence of the Arsenal family, you are of course surrounded by the celebrating Hun and no doubt chose to watch the game in a hostelry where much laughing at pointing at how silly we are/were was taking place.

However it is important to retain a sense of overall context.

2-10.

2-5 at the time of the contentious yet correct decision. You know Bayern probably better than any of us, it was not going to happen.

2-6 moments later.

We lost this game in Munich due to utter ineptitude stemming from incompetent team management.

*You are hungover

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Listen pal, I understand your anger* and stoic defence of the Arsenal family, you are of course surrounded by the celebrating Hun and no doubt chose to watch the game in a hostelry where much laughing at pointing at how silly we are/were was taking place.

However it is important to retain a sense of overall context.

2-10.

2-5 at the time of the contentious yet correct decision. You know Bayern probably better than any of us, it was not going to happen.

2-6 moments later.

We lost this game in Munich due to utter ineptitude stemming from incompetent team management.

*You are hungover
    Funnily enough the Bayern fan with us kept very quiet. No argument with the overall result - we would have lost the tie regardless. Still not a pen. And I will defend a player who was generally is a fair, disciplined, principled man above a cheating despicable **** like Lewandowski every day of the week - even if they played for Spurs *. Great player that he is his, he deserves a ****ing good shoeing

And I believe one has to sober up to be hungover

* Not Dele Alle or Danny Rose

Funnily enough the Bayern fan with us kept very quiet. No argument with the overall result - we would have lost the tie regardless. Still not a pen. And I will defend a player who was generally is a fair, disciplined, principled man above a cheating despicable **** like Lewandowski every day of the week - even if they played for Spurs *. Great player that he is his, he deserves a ****ing good shoeing

And I believe one has to sober up to be hungover

* Not Dele Alle or Danny Rose

His cheating nature caused much ire when Poland played Ireland in a recent Euros qualification stages. The ease with which he went to ground perhaps, the manner in which a strapping 6ft plus of pure muscle could succumb to physical challenge.

Of course all because he played for the opposition.

Similar to how Thierry Henry should have been banned for life for his handball when a similar offence by Robbie Keane in the same game was utterly overlooked.

I suspect you would love RL if he was playing his football in N5, not only love him but find every due reason to defend his intelligent and clever centre-forward play.

The Walcott decision was wrong. Alonso touches (faintly) the ball and then bundles him over in the box thus preventing him from reaching a ball he otherwise might well have reached.

The Kos penalty was soft but arguable. The sending-off was wrong.