Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't want to keep blaming him but it is Havertz. We have a passenger in a key central role and it is ruining much of what we do.
    I was watching carefully last night. Rice seems to avoid passing it to Havertz if he can.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    No, it's not just you, I have been saying for some time that he is the best centre half in the PL. But it's entirely possible that should be amended to the best in Europe.
    Haven't seen so many perfectly timed, telescopic legs from behind tackles since peak PV4.

The guy's a Godsend.

Btw, notice that Benjamin had a good game now he's ditched the bleached hair? I only saw Bacary have one woeful game for us {live at the ground} and it was the one time he didn't have his funky dreads. BW4 had two poor games with the silly hair. Now he's getting back to his best. {Though I wish he'd just leathered his shot as opposed to trying to place it in the top corner like Saka or Fabio.} Hit it with your laces, Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Given that he was born in 2001 it would have been a stretch. Even SW didn't hate Ljungberg that much.

I do actually think Ljungberg is very underrated by some though - he was playing with three geniuses yet held his own, certainly in terms of the big games. Although Saka is undoubtedly a better player (even Freddie would agree, I reckon)
    But like Parlour with Overmars {Or Zinny and the back 3}, Freddie allowed us to shuffle across into a 3 man MF when Bobby moved up into a modern wide forward role.

Yet he was also able to score **** loads of vital goals with perfectly times late runs into the box, often on the end of some DB10 magic like that game at Highbury against some Wops or other. {Juve?}

I think that was {hopefully still is} the hope for Kai. Can do GX's MF work in terms of turnovers and duels won, but also arrive late to score and to be a far post target man for headed crosses. Gutted he didn't score last night. Just reckon he needs a good game with a couple of goals and/or assists and then he'll have the monkey off his back. Maybe we should ask Tripitaka?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Haven't seen so many perfectly timed, telescopic legs from behind tackles since peak PV4.

The guy's a Godsend.

Btw, notice that Benjamin had a good game now he's ditched the bleached hair? I only saw Bacary have one woeful game for us {live at the ground} and it was the one time he didn't have his funky dreads. BW4 had two poor games with the silly hair. Now he's getting back to his best. {Though I wish he'd just leathered his shot as opposed to trying to place it in the top corner like Saka or Fabio.} Hit it with your laces, Ben.
    Sunderland at home 3-2 - Sagna had a mare. For some reason I remember it well (were we not drinking beforehand Sir C?). There was a Sunderland player who played as if he had never seen a football before. McShane possibly

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't want to keep blaming him but it is Havertz. We have a passenger in a key central role and it is ruining much of what we do.
    I think the same. In the same way that BW, Ødin and Saka combine on the right, Gabby knew what he was doing with GX able to swap with him and/or Zinny. That's why, despite still hoping Kai becomes an all time great, I'd rather Fabio or ESR in the 10 {"left 8"} role.

ESR's played LW and 10 and can switch with Gabby easily. Fabio could, too. Basically, like GX last year, he needs the same player in that role every game so they can develop and understanding.

Sunderland at home 3-2 - Sagna had a mare. For some reason I remember it well (were we not drinking beforehand Sir C?). There was a Sunderland player who played as if he had never seen a football before. McShane possibly
    That was the one when he'd got rid of his dreads? Maybe our right backs are like Samson. Don't remember Lee Dixon or Paddy Rice changing their hairstyles and then playing badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    That was the one when he'd got rid of his dreads? Maybe our right backs are like Samson. Don't remember Lee Dixon or Paddy Rice changing their hairstyles and then playing badly.
    Yeah. Samson [sic] was a left back though Although Sagna did wear 3

Drinking? Us?

Yes.

Yeah. Samson [sic] was a left back though Although Sagna did wear 3
    Chapeau, LA.

Though he was undone by Matteus Rose, not Delilah.

You've got me worried now, though. What happened to the last young, black, French player who many thought would become an all-time great who chose to wear no.2 instead of a more normal number for his position?

I'd like Willy and BW to swap shirts, and ideally then take the 5 when TP retires or leaves.

One of the many reasons I'd love ESR to fulfil his potential is that we could then have 7-8-9-10-11 in the attacking W of Herbie's {the original, not our won} W-M formation.

We've had lots of 1;2-5-6-3;4 as DM over the years. But as we're only now playing a front 3 with two inside forwards behind them, we've never had the 7-11 numbers all in the right position. If BW becomes 2, Big Willy 5, and Timber takes the 3 next year, we're basically there, but with Dec as 41*, not 4.

*Dec would either be the number 1 "4" in the world, or ten times better than any other "4" plus one for luck.

Ahhhh, look at all you lovely boys talking about your football and your footballers. This thread has made me feel all nostalgic about how Awimb used to be. Well done all, keep up the good work!