Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
Well you probably ought to be a bit more curious. Just for starters, there's their economic manifesto, in which they essentially outline their plans to destroy the UK's financial sector. They also want to tax pretty much everything, restrict the number of journeys people are allowed to take. There's even a brilliant bit where they admit that most of their policies are impossible to implement while being a member of the EU, but blithely insist that they will simply reform the EU so that it's more to their liking.

https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/ec.html

Honestly, they are idiots and they are totally fúcking nuts, which doesn't really reflect well on anyone who votes for them.
Yeah, but they can't implement any of that as a local councillor, and my vote really pissed of my Corbynista mates which is the most important thing, politically.

My very limited understanding of global warming is that without some as yet unforeseen miracle, all this climate rebellion lot are at least one, probably two, generations too late.

Basically, if they stuff when I started looking into this in the '90s is right then we're fücked. We're actually ahead of schedule and the feedback cycles will start kicking in more.

As James Lovelock - inventor of Gaia theory and former MI5 Q - said, we might as well razz our Ferraris as it's all too late. We should have listened to him in the '80s.

So anyway, as we're all gonna die, we might as well throw a few Tories to the polar beers as a sop to Cerberus. Polar beers are more endangered than Tories unfortunately, and they're a damned sight nicer.

But yes, Green politics is ****ed, because even if they could persuade all the European voters to vote for economic penury, they won't be able to do that in the US, China and India and the rest of the 3rd world will quite happily fück the planet if it enriches the ruling regimes.

So it's pointless as far as I can see. Though I still think the likes of you should be fed to polar beers if they're feeling peckish due to lack of sea ice. Though perhaps we could compromise on feeding the poor bears on Corbynistas?