Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: It's going to be like this for the next 7 months, isn't it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Except mainly darker.

Fúck this shít. I can't cope with another winter. I NEED TO LIVE IN A CIVILISED CLIMATE!
    This is a civilised climate. Rarely too hot, rarely too cold. Proof, some might suggest, that god is an Englishman.

Winter is cosy. Winter is fresh. The city looks great at night - all the tiny lights - the antipodes as you'll recall from your Huxley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is a civilised climate. Rarely too hot, rarely too cold. Proof, some might suggest, that god is an Englishman.

Winter is cosy. Winter is fresh. The city looks great at night - all the tiny lights - the antipodes as you'll recall from your Huxley.
    I like when it cools down to get some proper kip.
    My flat will still be boiling hot today from the past few days. couldn't get the temperature under 27 degrees in there.

A chap's shoes become spattered and grimy within moments of leaving the house. It's almost impossible to keep a crisp crease in the rousers due to dampness. I could go on.

You're ignoring the main issue, Ash. It isn't the temperature or the amount of rain in this godforsaken country. It's the lack of sunshine that is the killer.

The sun is good, Ash. It prompts physiological changes which make you feel better, happier. Everything is better under sunny blue skies and England has far too few of them.

Which is why we have pubs, of course. Well, that's my theory anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You're ignoring the main issue, Ash. It isn't the temperature or the amount of rain in this godforsaken country. It's the lack of sunshine that is the killer.

The sun is good, Ash. It prompts physiological changes which make you feel better, happier. Everything is better under sunny blue skies and England has far too few of them.

Which is why we have pubs, of course. Well, that's my theory anyway.
    Some of our best sunny days are in January. Cool, crisp and clear.

an Englishman who emigrated to New Zealand perhaps

It is a proven fact that hot weather kills more people than does cold weather.