Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two young men have walked into the pub, got their drinks and started playing Scrabble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

If only the brewers would BRING THE FECKING PRICES DOWN.
    Do they not have Wetherspoons in London Village?

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Do they not have Wetherspoons in London Village?
    They do indeed, and I am a fan of the Coronet. Though snobby spastics refuse to go to 'spoonies because they hate mixing with the oiks.

They do indeed, and I am a fan of the Coronet. Trouble is, snobby spastics refuse to go to 'spoonies because they hate mixing with the oiks.
    Pfft. A fine selection of ales and almost edible food. Tim Martin is an utter cùnt but I'll quite happily make him richer if he continues to sell cheap ale

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Pfft. A fine selection of ales and almost edible food.
    That's the thing. Not only is there a good selection but there is a fast turnover of barrels, so the beer is generally fresh as well as inexpensive. And people turn their noses up at this.

That's the thing. Not only is there a good selection but there is a fast turnover of barrels, so the beer is generally fresh as well as inexpensive. And people turn their noses up at this.
    Some fine buildings as well - there is one in the City which is lovely (and importantly kept very well). The island bar can be a nightmare to get served at though

They do indeed, and I am a fan of the Coronet. Trouble is, snobby spastics refuse to go to 'spoonies because they hate mixing with the oiks.
    I have been to such an establishment three times in my life:

1. A Tuesday afternoon, around 3 p.m. Swindon. Two Irish were scrapping in the middle of the floor. No one batted an eye. I left.
    2. South Croydon, with b. I saw people eat... matter. Unidentifiable stuff which came from a microwave.
    3. Some place near the Angel, late on a Saturday night. There were drunken Irish and I had an argument with a bin man.

Go on. Call me a snobby spastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I saw people eat... matter. Unidentifiable stuff which came from a microwave.

Call me a snobby spastic.
    Snobby spastic.

There. I said it.

Snobby spastic.

There. I said it.
    Right. That's you in the book, with whoever else it was I put in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    ...with whoever else it was I put in the book.
    it was me, you snobby spastic

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it was me, you snobby spastic

I saw that when I got the book out.

I may put you in again now.