Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I always thought the Speaker's role was simply that of a chairman of the

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Where did I say I want to be ruled by giant corporations? One of the things I like most about the EU is the fact that they are prepared to break up monopolies and fine companies that transgress.
    When you said you were a globalist. One follows the other like night follows day. Globalism is a paradise for predatory capital, seeking the lowest costs anywhere in the world. For workers, this means a race for the bottom, where the person that will do the job for the lowest wage, for the longest hours, and in the worst conditions .... "wins".

But yes, I would rather be ruled by accountable technocrats that the semi-literate self-serving ****wits that make up much of our political class. Would you rather the country was run by the front bench of either main party or our top civil servants?
    Civil servants, aka the permanent government, cannot be accountable unless you elect them. I'd like to see both parties blown up (not literally) and replaced by parties representing the new divide - globalist technocracy v democratic sovereignty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    globalist technocracy v democratic sovereignty.
    Will you and Berni shut the fúck with the technocracy or at least define what one is .. I thang ya

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Will you and Berni shut the fúck with the technocracy or at least define what one is .. I thang ya
    Rule by 'expert'.

When you said you were a globalist. One follows the other like night follows day. Globalism is a paradise for predatory capital, seeking the lowest costs anywhere in the world. For workers, this means a race for the bottom, where the person that will do the job for the lowest wage, for the longest hours, and in the worst conditions .... "wins".

Civil servants, aka the permanent government, cannot be accountable unless you elect them. I'd like to see both parties blown up (not literally) and replaced by parties representing the new divide - globalist technocracy v democratic sovereignty.
    When I said I'm a globalist I meant that I consider us all human beings and want us to live as one united people. I intended no implication about the nature of the capitalist system in a globalised world.

I just want us all to live together peacefully. Nationalism is therefore the antithesis of my beliefs.

You could have them acountable to various committees. I'm not gonna get into practical policy proposals. It was more a humourous thought experiment based on the fact that the autocratic Tibet-invading scum have done better than my democratic lads in the last 25 years and the fact that both front benches in the UK are full of donkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    When I said I'm a globalist I meant that I consider us all human beings and want us to live as one united people. I intended no implication about the nature of the capitalist system in a globalised world.

I just want us all to live together peacefully. Nationalism is therefore the antithesis of my beliefs.
    I'm all for peace too, and I've no truck with those who blather about "frogs" and "wops". How can we be united though with people who have opposing values. Better to draw a line in the sand and say for example "ok, on this side we do it our way, and on that side you do it yours.

You could have them acountable to various committees. I'm not gonna get into practical policy proposals. It was more a humourous thought experiment based on the fact that the autocratic Tibet-invading scum have done better than my democratic lads in the last 25 years and the fact that both front benches in the UK are full of donkeys.
    I see, and who are the the committees accountable to? More committees? All the way up the supreme emperor?

As a wise man once said (paraphrasing) "If you have power there are three questions I have for you. How did you get it? In whose interests do you wield it? and How do we get rid of you?"

There's a word for a supra-national entity with little or no democracy: Empire. The same wise man also said "As a government minister being summoned to Brussels was like being dragged to Rome in chains".

I'm all for peace too, and I've no truck with those who blather about "frogs" and "wops". How can we be united though with people who have opposing values. Better to draw a line in the sand and say for example "ok, on this side we do it our way, and on that side you do it yours.

I see, and who are the the committees accountable to? More committees? All the way up the supreme emperor?

As a wise man once said (paraphrasing) "If you have power there are three questions I have for you. How did you get it? In whose interests do you wield it? and How do we get rid of you?"

There's a word for a supra-national entity with little or no democracy: Empire. The same wise man also said "As a government minister being summoned to Brussels was like being dragged to Rome in chains".
    Just to reiterate, I have no answers. I'm a historian who doesn't have to worry about the real world too much, so it's mostly just a thought experiment looking in units of centuries.

But I do know, that just like most people will have coffee coloured skin in a millennium, and many will speak English to a converstational level*, the C19th concept of a modern nation state will give way to continental blocs and eventually, assuming we don't destroy our species, global govt with subsidiarity.

And as such, the EU is a step towards the future and Brexit is retrograde.

This is why I support it, not because it means I can doss round Europe more. When I said globalist, it meant I looked at a species, not national level. And this integration during the next millennium will be the best thing that has ever happened to humanity.

In 25 years, I've seen several hundred million Indians move from what we'd have considered penury to a comfortable, consumerist, middle class life.

And we need continental (i.e. EU etc) blocs to stop the tech giants and other monoploy capitalists taking the pîss. And eventually global govt to stop tax havens.

"This world was made a common treasury for everyone to share."

*The difference in the numbers of yoots wot speak English in France now compared to 25 years ago. Half the signs are in Franglais or pure English, all the tech terms are English. Half the internet is in English and many of the youtube vids the kids watch are too.

As such, we're creating a global culture. Give it a century and you'll see the west having an overarching intl culture.

And then your ghost will remember that rock and roll music was the start, but Teknivals was the first in Europe where our music could be understood by all nationalities.