Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you any idea how much houses cost up norf?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ours has increased by £90k in 3 years, advantages of living near one of the best schools in the region
    You're not really up norf though, p. I know this now, being as I am an expert on all matters northern.

Manchester is where we'll come when we need some civilisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The girlfriend's cousin relocated up there with his missus to have a family. He's now a copper.
    Ohh I could be a copper! I'd like to be a copper. You get a uniform and a truncheon and wander about looking reassuring. Piece of piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're not really up norf though, p. I know this now, being as I am an expert on all matters northern.

Manchester is where we'll come when we need some civilisation.
    It did occur to me that the generalisation that was going on here was ludicrous.

You have Pokster in Yorkshire, PRSB in Manchester, Monty simply referring “up there” while I seem to recall you taking your holidays in a very different part altogether.

It is like a person saying they are moving to London and a general acceptance that the move is good. Or indeed Kent, or even Ireland.

Ohh I could be a copper! I'd like to be a copper. You get a uniform and a truncheon and wander about looking reassuring. Piece of piss.
    Better off being a Postman.

You still get your uniform but also a wee van (bicycle for the summer should you wish), a shorter day and less chance of violence.

The path of the mail delivery operative is quite simply the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It did occur to me that the generalisation that was going on here was ludicrous.

You have Pokster in Yorkshire, PRSB in Manchester, Monty simply referring “up there” while I seem to recall you taking your holidays in a very different part altogether.

It is like a person saying they are moving to London and a general acceptance that the move is good. Or indeed Kent, or even Ireland.
    I usewd to be a little vague about the north, but since I have now been 7 times in the past 2 years, I know everything.

1. Manchester and Liverpool are shítholes but have some restaurants and proper shops.

2. Yorkshire is very pretty but the people are as common as muck.

3. Cumbria is the títs.

4. Up the other way is Newcatsle and Sunderland and that, but no white man has successfully reported back on conditions in these places.

He tells me he spends most of his working days playing hide and seek with colleagues, which involves sitting in his patrol car in various nooks and crannies around town eating burgers.

I was referring to Harrogate, as that was the place mentioned in the previous post.

No, you haven't.

You can buy a gurt gaff for flumpence.

This pleases me.
    Houses here were dirt cheap when i first arrived and now they've all gone up by 80-100% in 4 years. Here's hoping there's a crash.

Better off being a Postman.

You still get your uniform but also a wee van (bicycle for the summer should you wish), a shorter day and less chance of violence.

The path of the mail delivery operative is quite simply the better choice.
    I wonder do they earn very much though, postmen? I'd quite like to drive around all the farms in my little van with my wee cat, delivering birthday cards and letters containing good news, but I'd need a minimum of £60k a year to tempt me out of retirement.

I usewd to be a little vague about the north, but since I have now been 7 times in the past 2 years, I know everything.

1. Manchester and Liverpool are shítholes but have some restaurants and proper shops.

2. Yorkshire is very pretty but the people are as common as muck.

3. Cumbria is the títs.

4. Up the other way is Newcatsle and Sunderland and that, but no white man has successfully reported back on conditions in these places.
    In answer to point 2. Manchester was a ****hole, almost everywhere was when I moved up 9 years ago but it has to be one of the most improved cities anywhere. Well done the Oirishers with their bomb and London being so ridiculously expensive that plenty of business is relocating

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....llist-12973366