Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: :hehe: Can you imagine the sheer panic onboard this aircraft? Lining up for a smooth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Much flying terminology is derived from the navy; we have a captain and a first officer, who are both pilots. The aircraft has a rudder, which yaws it to port or starboard. We flightplan in nautical miles and measure speed in knots.

Every day's a schoolday for such an open-minded, inquisitve fellow as yourself, sw. wd.
    Do you use port and starboard as terms then??

Always seems massively ****ed up to me. What is wrong with right and left.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Most terminology is about ensuring clarity of meaning in a noisy environment; saying 'affirm' for yes and 'negative' for no, for example, but some is just tradition, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Most terminology is about ensuring clarity of meaning in a noisy environment; saying 'affirm' for yes and 'negative' for no, for example, but some is just tradition, I suppose.
    Oscar Kilo.

Oscar Kilo.
    'Roger': message received and understood. It does not confirm compliance.

Ze Chermans, innit. Along with their Viking cousins. "Star .." comes from their word Steuer meaning "steering, or to steer; from the days when ships went from two steering oars to just one. Most people are right-handed so the port side (Back, in their money) would always be at the steering chap's .. well .. back.

As they say, Steuern zahlt man von rechts wegen; Taxes (another meaning for "Steuern") are paid from the/because it is, right. So you can easily remember it.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ze Chermans, innit. Along with their Viking cousins. "Star .." comes from their word Steuer meaning "steering, or to steer; from the days when ships went from two steering oars to just one. Most people are right-handed so the port side (Back, in their money) would always be at the steering chap's .. well .. back.

As they say, Steuern zahlt man von rechts wegen; Taxes (another meaning for "Steuern") are paid from the/because it is, right. So you can easily remember it.

RIP Red.

And again to be blunt.

RIP Red.

And again to be blunt.
    I know ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."