Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This would make me chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As Woody Allen said "I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens"
    I'd like to see us win a European trophy before I go....

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Nah.. You have to proactive once you go past a certain age. Sod slinking up to the Doc to be told you’re stage 3 or 4.
    Between 60-70 is snipers alley. That’s usually when you get picked off. Get the other side and you’ll probably live a decent age.
    Of course. when you’re numbers on it and all that.
    A brush with your own mortality at a younger age is always a leveller.
    Absolutely spot on 7

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Absolutely spot on 7
    I think if you’re Doc averse, at least invest in one of those omron blood pressure monitors.
    I’ve had several friends and colleagues drop like a stone. I’m sure if Steve Wright had checked his pressure once in a while, he’d still be here, and for what ? 40 or 50 quid from Amazon.
    The amount of people wandering around like kettles about to blow is truly frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I think if you’re Doc averse, at least invest in one of those omron blood pressure monitors.
    I’ve had several friends and colleagues drop like a stone. I’m sure if Steve Wright had checked his pressure once in a while, he’d still be here, and for what ? 40 or 50 quid from Amazon.
    The amount of people wandering around like kettles about to blow is truly frightening.
    Yeah - I realised this around September/October when I completely hit a wall. Could hardly get out of bed at one stage, was going to work, getting home and basically sleeping. Had zero energy. Finally, a friend made me go to the doctor. Initial blood tests were in the words of the doc "chaos" - combination of, thankfully, not too serious things were cleared up by a few courses of tablets and after six weeks or so, everything cleared up (even my liver is in good state). Key thing was getting a good doctor you trust - I knew I like this one when I walked into his office and there was a big poster of the album cover for Never Mind the *******s (probably not great if you think you have testicular cancer though)-

Although Wes has a point about stress, of course, but then not knowing can be equally as stressful as knowing (depending on how your imagination works).

Yeah - I realised this around September/October when I completely hit a wall. Could hardly get out of bed at one stage, was going to work, getting home and basically sleeping. Had zero energy. Finally, a friend made me go to the doctor. Initial blood tests were in the words of the doc "chaos" - combination of, thankfully, not too serious things were cleared up by a few courses of tablets and after six weeks or so, everything cleared up (even my liver is in good state). Key thing was getting a good doctor you trust - I knew I like this one when I walked into his office and there was a big poster of the album cover for Never Mind the *******s (probably not great if you think you have testicular cancer though)-

Although Wes has a point about stress, of course, but then not knowing can be equally as stressful as knowing (depending on how your imagination works).
    I find I am ok unless I have a skinful. I know that is not avoidable for everyone.....

Yes but in this case you had significant symptoms so it made sense to go see one of them, I would have done the same.

But my point was that 'preventative' medicine can do more harm than good given the stress associated with it and the potential pointlessness of it. At 55 the NHS sends you can invitation to have some gas rammed up your arse while some bloke looks around in there for potential tumours. I received this despite the fact that I have no symptoms of bowel cancer, no one in my family to my knowledge has ever had it and my lifestyle is not consistent with there being any potential issues.

*******s to that. See also the prostate cancer test which a GP told me is so unreliable that it's utterly pointless. But they still try and drag you in for one.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes but in this case you had significant symptoms so it made sense to go see one of them, I would have done the same.

But my point was that 'preventative' medicine can do more harm than good given the stress associated with it and the potential pointlessness of it. At 55 the NHS sends you can invitation to have some gas rammed up your arse while some bloke looks around in there for potential tumours. I received this despite the fact that I have no symptoms of bowel cancer, no one in my family to my knowledge has ever had it and my lifestyle is not consistent with there being any potential issues.

*******s to that. See also the prostate cancer test which a GP told me is so unreliable that it's utterly pointless. But they still try and drag you in for one.

Indeed - I wasn't really disagreeing with (is there a test for being a cantankerous old ****?)

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

I recently had to have checks for cancer of the *******s. Being flat out on a bed with your trousers around the ankles whilst the doctors and nurses walk around the room is quite disconcerting.

The doctor, after having rolled my *******s around in his hand, decides he'd do 'a quick check' of my prostate and went in what felt like wrist deep. And there's me thinking the tests these days were all antigen based

At least I didn't see any NHS ****s dancing and making Tik-Tok videos, so there's that.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I recently had to have checks for cancer of the *******s. Being flat out on a bed with your trousers around the ankles whilst the doctors and nurses walk around the room is quite disconcerting.

The doctor, after having rolled my *******s around in his hand, decides he'd do 'a quick check' of my prostate and went in what felt like wrist deep. And there's me thinking the tests these days were all antigen based

At least I didn't see any NHS ****s dancing and making Tik-Tok videos, so there's that.
    You loved it really, you slaaaag

You loved it really, you slaaaag
    It was worrying times, la.

If he could have done it 3 weeks earlier and told me I had nothing to worry about, I would have accepted that with open...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”