Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
Well, it seems strange to pick an arbitrary figure to base any argument on, but how fortunate it coincides with an upturn in our FA Cup fortunes. I doubt very much in editorial meetings around various newspapers and other sporting news outlets there would be much shrift giving to any saying, "You know what would make a good piece, 'Who's won the most trophies over the past four seasons?" And the writer also falls into the trap on counting one team's Charity Shields but not the others. Figures wouldn't look so good if you did a "Who's won the most in the past two seasons?" for example
All timescales are arbitary, but if it's good enough for the IOC, it's good enough for me. who decided that three years was the football TV cycle or that a restraining order would last for five years or that the taxman can chase you for up to seven years etc....

The media seemed perfectly happy to use any time period from 2005 onwards to remind the world how long our trophy drought had been. If in 2011 it was acceptablt to say that Arsenal hadn't won a trophy for six years then I can also choose my timescale. It is the media that are the ****s not me.