Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cor. The Arsenal twittertypes are awfully upset about Kroenke

Cor. The Arsenal twittertypes are awfully upset about Kroenke

buying Usmanov's shares. This tweet caught my eye as being particularly remarkable. I checked, and the author is an adult - we assume capable of earning enough of a living to buy a computer or smartphone...

"This man has money to buy Usmanovs shares but won't put in the £150m we need to take us to a higher level. Stan Kroenke you are the worst thing that ever happened to our club. KROENKE OUT"

Imagine falling into conversation with someone in a bar who said this. Where would you start? Would you try reasoning, or would that provoke spittle-flecked invective? Perhaps the best thing would be to just edge quietly away and go and drink in the snug with the old ladies and their bottles of Mackesons.*

*It's a while since I've been to a pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    buying Usmanov's shares. This tweet caught my eye as being particularly remarkable. I checked, and the author is an adult - we assume capable of earning enough of a living to buy a computer or smartphone...

"This man has money to buy Usmanovs shares but won't put in the £150m we need to take us to a higher level. Stan Kroenke you are the worst thing that ever happened to our club. KROENKE OUT"

Imagine falling into conversation with someone in a bar who said this. Where would you start? Would you try reasoning, or would that provoke spittle-flecked invective? Perhaps the best thing would be to just edge quietly away and go and drink in the snug with the old ladies and their bottles of Mackesons.*

I miss pubs having lounge bars and public bars. The bantz was always better in the public bar, but the flipside of that was a better chance of getting punched.

I also miss people ordering weird beer combinations like a pint of mild and bitter, light and bitter or - in the case of Youngs pubs - a pint of Ram and Spesh (which was a bottle of Ramrod topped up with Young's Special strong ale). I shudder to think what these combinations used to do to the innards of the old men who ordered them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I miss pubs having lounge bars and public bars. The bantz was always better in the public bar, but the flipside of that was a better chance of getting punched.

I also miss people ordering weird beer combinations like a pint of mild and bitter, light and bitter or - in the case of Youngs pubs - a pint of Ram and Spesh (which was a bottle of Ramrod topped up with Young's Special strong ale). I shudder to think what these combinations used to do to the innards of the old men who ordered them.
    I remember an old gentleman who propped up the bar in the King's Head in Bexley village for many, many years, whose diet consisted entirely of pints of Mother-in-law. Old and bitter.

You never see Old or Mild any more. Or bottles of light ale.

I remember an old gentleman who propped up the bar in the King's Head in Bexley village for many, many years, whose diet consisted entirely of pints of Mother-in-law. Old and bitter.

You never see Old or Mild any more. Or bottles of light ale.
    There were hazards to be negotiated as a young barperson. I remember a chap who always drank White Shield Worthington, which is a very fine bottled ale, but throws a sediment. Did anyone think to warn me of this before pouring it? Did they fúck.

Can, I get this in before the vocal Twittering ****s get really going...

This is great news! Stan may be google-eyd moonfaced freak with the personality of a amoeba, but he has cash lots of lovely cash. I have checked this with very good sources and also found out that he has only been holding back as he hates his Uzbek 'partner' and wouldn't fully invest until we were shot of him. He will now. He alsohas a good record of supporting the clubs that he owns.

It may mean that we are never going to become a club owned in what evr way those foaming radid idiots on FanTv would like, (whatever upotian ****e that is), but it will mean that we can compete financially with Chelsea and City, let alone start to kick those N17 ne'er do wells back down the seven Sisters Raod where they can rot if thier half empty extended senmi detatched **** hole.

Oh and we might get to win th eLeague again, remember that!!

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Can, I get this in before the vocal Twittering ****s get really going...

This is great news! Stan may be google-eyd moonfaced freak with the personality of a amoeba, but he has cash lots of lovely cash. I have checked this with very good sources and also found out that he has only been holding back as he hates his Uzbek 'partner' and wouldn't fully invest until we were shot of him. He will now. He alsohas a good record of supporting the clubs that he owns.

It may mean that we are never going to become a club owned in what evr way those foaming radid idiots on FanTv would like, (whatever upotian ****e that is), but it will mean that we can compete financially with Chelsea and City, let alone start to kick those N17 ne'er do wells back down the seven Sisters Raod where they can rot if thier half empty extended senmi detatched **** hole.

Oh and we might get to win th eLeague again, remember that!!

Rant over
    I thought he was famous for not putting money into his franchises?

Isn't it better if we're self-supporting?

I thought he was famous for not putting money into his franchises?

Isn't it better if we're self-supporting?
    No, only held back by various US Sport investment laws etc.

Not sure what you mean by self-supporting in a football sense. No=one is self supporting these days, it is just a question of whether you want your trophy aspirations to match Chelsea's or Fulham's!

No, only held back by various US Sport investment laws etc.

Not sure what you mean by self-supporting in a football sense. No=one is self supporting these days, it is just a question of whether you want your trophy aspirations to match Chelsea's or Fulham's!
    If sharing Chelsea's 'trophy aspirations' means winning on the basis of whichchairman has the biggest wallet, I'll go with Fulham, please.

If sharing Chelsea's 'trophy aspirations' means winning on the basis of whichchairman has the biggest wallet, I'll go with Fulham, please.
    No, don't become one of them! People our age should stiuck tgether.

No hidden meaning what so ever.

A simple question with no HA.

Do you want to win things or not?

No, don't become one of them! People our age should stiuck tgether.

No hidden meaning what so ever.

A simple question with no HA.

Do you want to win things or not?
    It may be a simple question, but the answer isn't necessarily so.

Yes, I want to win things. Wining things generally requires buying expensive players. I'm happy with that, if we, as an organisation, are operating in a laudable fashion, generating our income and spending it wisely. Chucking free money around willy-nilly is so hideously vulgar, don't you think?

Be qassured though, ti, that I shall never become one of them. NTTAWWI, obviously.