Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I wonder if the Tories are tempted to call another general election?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I imagine they're popular in the public sector, among students, in Islamic communities and in North London. There's no evidence that such sentiments are popular with the wider electorate.
    I see what you did there. North London, indeed.

Actually, the only meeting they've held with them recently was to try and stop a spate of internal killings and offer a chance to 'move away from criminality and terrorism'.

But why let the facts get in the way of your apologism for Corbyn, eh?
    I'm sorry I hjave seen no comment that the meeting was about that, that line you mentioned is something AF said, not that the meeting was about that.

But why let facts get in the way eh
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Actually, the only meeting they've held with them recently was to try and stop a spate of internal killings and offer a chance to 'move away from criminality and terrorism'.

But why let the facts get in the way of your apologism for Corbyn, eh?
    Where have I apologised for Corbyn???? He has some very ill advised views and some extremely dodgy friends but i have never apologised for him, I am trying to give a balanced view which is something that seems to pass most people on here by

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Where have I apologised for Corbyn???? He has some very ill advised views and some extremely dodgy friends but i have never apologised for him, I am trying to give a balanced view which is something that seems to pass most people on here by
    Balanced views are not the way of things here. We like a bit of a rumpus

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Balanced views are not the way of things here. We like a bit of a rumpus
    Is this a 5 minute argument or the whole half hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Is this a 5 minute argument or the whole half hour?
    Hey, I agree with you. A balanced view onCorbyn is a little beyond AWIMB's abilities these days.

Hey, I agree with you. A balanced view onCorbyn is a little beyond AWIMB's abilities these days.
    A balanced view on Corbyn? Like Diane's, 'on balance Mao did more good than harm', sort of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A balanced view on Corbyn? Like Diane's, 'on balance Mao did more good than harm', sort of thing?
    Similar, yes. Or 'yes, Jeremy met with Sinn Fein but then they are effectively a legitimate political party'......

Anyway....the fact remains that the IRA are just cooler than the Unionists. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. It is sexier.

Like the Confederates....

Similar, yes. Or 'yes, Jeremy met with Sinn Fein but then they are effectively a legitimate political party'......

Anyway....the fact remains that the IRA are just cooler than the Unionists. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. It is sexier.

Sinn Fein are a legitimate political party.

Yes, but loyalists have better songs. The Sash is a song of prodigious greatness, as are 'Croppies, Lie Down' and 'Derry's Walls'.

Kevin Barry, 'The Men Behind the Wire' and all the others, on the other hand, are dreary sh1te.