Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wenger being selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And what parameter would you use as a basis for determining whether or not he is doing the job well, red?

All of us should have year end appraisals, you know.
    If only there could be an objective scoring system applied so we would know whether the manager was improving, maintaining or declining in performance . . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well it is a tricky one Richard.

He shouldn’t really listen to fans, nor should any manager.

To walk away now, which I think he should, is to more or less admit he cannot see himself as capable of arresting whatever is wrong at the club and recent form does suggest there is issues, recent form and some would say repeated errors year on year.

Then having come clean and admitted the above he really is a busted flush. What top club does he go to next, will there be a queue of suitors as there would have been in the past. I am unconvinced the really big teams in Europe will want him as he is seen to have failed in his job in N5 over a lengthy period of time.
    I would qualify that slightly, SW.

A manager should ignore the fans' view when it comes to managing the football club. His decisions should be taken solely based on what he thinks is best for the club and the team.

However, when it comes to whether he should stay or go, the fans' view is very important. The most important factor, I think you could argue.

I would qualify that slightly, SW.

A manager should ignore the fans' view when it comes to managing the football club. His decisions should be taken solely based on what he thinks is best for the club and the team.

However, when it comes to whether he should stay or go, the fans' view is very important. The most important factor, I think you could argue.
    Well He has already said that the opinion of the fans will be important when it comes to making up his mind.

Wd Arsene imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well He has already said that the opinion of the fans will be important when it comes to making up his mind.

Wd Arsene imo.
    Part of the problem is Ivan saying a while back that the fans would decide. That is very literally inviting protest against Arsene. How is the 'opinion of the fans' measured anyway? Twitter? AWIMB? Aeroplanes? "We want to go!" songs? Muggy banners?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    If only there could be an objective scoring system applied so we would know whether the manager was improving, maintaining or declining in performance . . .
    I imagine the only KPI Stan cares about is the share price.

And what parameter would you use as a basis for determining whether or not he is doing the job well, red?

All of us should have year end appraisals, you know.
    The bottom line? Perhaps our majority shareholder couldn't actually give a stuff about the FA Cup
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well my thoughts there was largely influenced by a radio interview I listened to last week with some Spanish football person who openly declared that the Spanish giants would have no interest in him whatsoever as the general feeling there is one of utter amazement that he is still in his position after a decade of failure.

Mourinho had won a league title just 6 months or whatever before being sacked and let’s remember had also won 2 Champions Leagues, in essence one season of falling below standards was not enough to really damage his legacy.

I am not convinced AW, a deeply respected man of course, is still on that very top shelf as he heads towards retirement.
    Foreigners though, no sentiment. They hire any old **** over there. But it doesn't much matter because they fire whoever it is just as easily.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Well my thoughts there was largely influenced by a radio interview I listened to last week with some Spanish football person who openly declared that the Spanish giants would have no interest in him whatsoever as the general feeling there is one of utter amazement that he is still in his position after a decade of failure.

Mourinho had won a league title just 6 months or whatever before being sacked and let’s remember had also won 2 Champions Leagues, in essence one season of falling below standards was not enough to really damage his legacy.

I am not convinced AW, a deeply respected man of course, is still on that very top shelf as he heads towards retirement.

I wonder whether the PSG job will be open to him this summer?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I imagine the only KPI Stan cares about is the share price.
    That still leaves room for a hundert million pound striker though, doesn't it #wengerIN

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I wonder whether the PSG job will be open to him this summer?
    I doubt they fancy playing Bayern or Barcelona every week any more than we do, to be honest.