Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I thought the position of the indirect free kick last night was a bit peculiar

I thought the position of the indirect free kick last night was a bit peculiar

Cech scrambling to the post and gets hand on it.

Ref gives gives in the edge of the 6 yard box

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Cech scrambling to the post and gets hand on it.

Ref gives gives in the edge of the 6 yard box
    Didn't see it but did he pick up a backless? Free-kick can only be given as close as the six-yard line

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Didn't see it but did he pick up a backless? Free-kick can only be given as close as the six-yard line
    That would explain it then don't see them often Monreal played a completely blind pass back to Cech.

However Cech had moved down towards corner flag. Only for the ball to appear to be heading straight in our empty net only for cech to scramble and dove to get a touch to put it clear.

Though I don't think it was going in but it was close.

It was the only time in the 2nd half where we didn't have any control of the game.

Yes, but it was on one of the side lines of the six-yard box. In those instances, where is the wall supposed to stand? Do they not still have to stand 10 yards back, if the parameters of the pitch allow it (which they did in this instance, except making them stand that far back wuld have given the kicker a completely clear shot at goal).

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, but it was on one of the side lines of the six-yard box. In those instances, where is the wall supposed to stand? Do they not still have to stand 10 yards back, if the parameters of the pitch allow it (which they did in this instance, except making them stand that far back wuld have given the kicker a completely clear shot at goal).
    That aside I think Cech was in a odd position for the free kick. trapped by the post in a wall of Arsenal players. he wouldn't have been able to get over to the other wide which they attempted. though probably something they don't practice very often.

Honestly - not sure. I assume they were all on the line, but the keeper is allowed to stand in front. Quite actually want to see this now :nerd: very interesting

The defenders are meant to stand 10 yards back or on the goal line
    I do not think the defenders not on the goal line were 10 yards back
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Honestly - not sure. I assume they were all on the line, but the keeper is allowed to stand in front. Quite actually want to see this now :nerd: very interesting
    The free kick execution was clever
    The taker lofted the ball over the heads of the defenders and Peter towards the middle of the goal where Granit headed over the bar
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

some defenders formed a 'wall' next to Cech (sort of at 90 degrees to the post).

Law states "at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball, unless they are on their own goal line between the goalposts"

So, ref got it wrong by letting the Arsenal defenders not be on the line imo

http://www.benchwarmers.ie/bench/wat...k-pass/118309/
    Last edited by IUFG; 05-17-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    The defenders are meant to stand 10 yards back or on the goal line
    I do not think the defenders not on the goal line were 10 yards back
    They were lined up adjacent to the near post, perpendicular to the goal line.