Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So, Aaron Ramsey...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    no contract extension, no sale - at least not that we know of.

Is it safe to assume that if he isn't going to be sold - and there are no rumours about that I have seen - that the club are therefore very confident that he is going to sign an extension?

I'm guessing yes.

Given our recent performance on contracts and run downs, I would not put any money on it.

Incidentally, when was the last time we made ridicules money on a transfer. I'm thinking Anelka type ridicules. Cesc and RVP were the last big money outs that I can think of but one could easily make the case that we didn't get the money we should have.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Given our recent performance on contracts and run downs, I would not put any money on it.

Incidentally, when was the last time we made ridicules money on a transfer. I'm thinking Anelka type ridicules. Cesc and RVP were the last big money outs that I can think of but one could easily make the case that we didn't get the money we should have.
    Perhaps we need to take a leaf out of Spurs' book and regularly offer new contracts in return for modest incremental pay increases. It seems to work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Perhaps we need to take a leaf out of Spurs' book and regularly offer new contracts in return for modest incremental pay increases. It seems to work for them.
    ...and probably used to work for us?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman