Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And Danny Wellbeck moves back to the bench.
    Good point, although personally, I'd play him at wing-back.

I'm not entirely sure what a "wing-back" is, of course, but it does seem to be in fashion.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Good point, although personally, I'd play him at wing-back.

I'm not entirely sure what a "wing-back" is, of course, but it does seem to be in fashion.
    Traditionally it was a full back that was **** at defending. We have plenty of them but Wenger's seems determined to play them at centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Traditionally it was a full back that was **** at defending. We have plenty of them but Wenger's seems determined to play them at centre back.
    There you are then; that sounds ideal, perfect for #Welbz. It keeps him far away from either goal and makes good use of his size, his pace and his gameness.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There you are then; that sounds ideal, perfect for #Welbz. It keeps him far away from either goal and makes good use of his size, his pace and his gameness.
    his "gameness"?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    his "gameness"?
    Yes, as in eagerness, willingness, durability. It's a term normally used for hounds or fighting dogs.